Old 07-05-2010, 06:57 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member
1966 22' Safari
Davis City , Iowa
Question Can it be fixed? Toilet in 66 Safari

I have lots of questions. First: Are these repairable? I tested the toilet last week and water leaked between the porcelain bowl and the base. The gaskets look shot so I think I would need to replace all of them. I started to dismantle the toilet and have most of it apart with the exception of the screws that hold the valve mechanism to the china bowl. These screws seem to turn but not so I can remove the plate. What is the secret? I remember reading about someone fixing the toilet using parts from a hardware store last year but cannot find the thread If it is fixable where do I find the parts to fix it? If not is the Sealand Travel Lite the best choice for a replacement? One of these days I will get this finished.

drowe42 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #2
4 Rivet Member
1968 24' Tradewind
1959 17' Pacer
Vintage Kin Owner
holly springs , Georgia
I think you would be better off w/ a new toilet and sealand is what I will probably go with. the problem is it will not fit under the bench; also it extends out too far. The bench will have to be cut. Read the thread by member rburditt he has a thread 1965 Safari Bathroom Renovation-COMPLETED. Lots of good ideas there.
kevinb is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search