Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-28-2015, 09:29 AM   #1
Fulltimer Oldtimer

2015 30' International
Marietta , Ohio
Bottom of Shower door leak '15 Interntl Sig 30'

Dang, while during and after showering, at the very bottom of shower door opening at the aluminum sill, shower water and/or condensation literally runs down wall to puddle on hallway floor. At first we thought it was water from face of inside shower door but now see it dripping/running from sill. Trailer is level, factory silicone caulking present yet I can't figure why it appears and we know it will damage cabinet laminate and subflooring. It is a new AS for goodness sake!

I did see an earlier post where person took the plastic weep completely off to arrest their problem..? How can that be right? Any help out there for us new fulltimers from Ohio? This freaked us out especially on the heels of our Baraldi stove hood fan switch issue.

Thanks in advance friends,

Mark

2015 International Sig
2015 Ford F-350 PowerStroke 6.7L
marcusmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:46 AM   #2
2 Rivet Member

2015 25' FB International
my , house
On my shower door frame, I found a gap where the left vertical frame met the lower frame.
Water was running down door, seeping through this gap, and dripping out bottom edge of
lower frame on the outside of the shower. Caulked this and no more problem.
bwpaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #3
Fulltimer Oldtimer

2015 30' International
Marietta , Ohio
Thanks, BW I will let you how I do.

2015 International Sig
2015 Ford F-350 PowerStroke 6.7L
marcusmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 10:06 PM   #4
ntsbltsrvits

2015 27' FB International
2016 30' International
Eagle , Idaho
I just noticed this last weekend. Getting delamination �� Below sill. I also have gaps. Will try silicone. Thanks for the post!
Cowbell is offline   Reply With Quote