Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-15-2007, 08:27 PM   #1
70 Overlander

1970 27' Overlander
jacksonville , Florida
Best new toilet for 70 overlander?

Ive looked as far back as 2005 in the forums and couldnt get a clear answer. Im looking for the most original looking/fitting and easiest to install toilet for my 70 overlander. From what ive gathered the sealand travelall lite is good. Has anyone put one in a simillar model before? Any help would be great, im putting in hardwood floors and want to do the toilet at the same time.
Thanks
jesus mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:56 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 31' Sovereign
Danielsville , Georgia
I put one in a '72 Overlander a couple of years ago. I had to twist it slightly.

Nice toilet, much nicer than the original.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sealandtoilet.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	49389   Click image for larger version

Name:	p2210030.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	49391  

Click image for larger version

Name:	p2210026.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	68.6 KB
ID:	49392  
PizzaChop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:34 PM   #3
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
West of Fort Worth , Texas
I put a Sealand low profile in my '72 GT. It has a china bowl and therefore is not original - I opted for functionality.
Fyrzowt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 06:04 AM   #4
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
JM,

It depends on whether you are mounting flat to the floor or have to mount to a raised black tank. I have found the Sea-Land Traveler series to be very well made and easily serviceable. They have a pedal flush mechanism, and you can add water to the bowl easily by lifting the pedal before flushing.

They are offered in white, bone and several other colors and MSRP is around $285. The 500 series is particularly popular.

Of course, if you want to go totally deluxe, you can get the Concerto residential style with electric flush or a Thetford Aria II for about $700, or you could even go with a Microphor or HeadHunter which will quickly get you up into 4 figures!!! That's why they call some of them the 'throne'!
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:17 PM   #5
70 Overlander

1970 27' Overlander
jacksonville , Florida
Hey
Thanks for the info. Im not sure about the difference between the traveler 500 and the traveler lite. Is it just seat size? I see its a $70 diference, will both of them fit/work? I wont be using it too often so seat size isnt too important.
Thanks
jesus mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 08:24 PM   #6
Rivet Master
Commercial Member

Vintage Kin Owner
Naples , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesus mike
Hey
Thanks for the info. Im not sure about the difference between the traveler 500 and the traveler lite. Is it just seat size? I see its a $70 diference, will both of them fit/work? I wont be using it too often so seat size isnt too important.
Thanks
Both work...................

The difference is in the weight and build of the units. The 'lite' version is just that. The 500 series is much more substantial and IMHO, will last a lot longer than the 'lite' version. I see lots of the 500 series and less than a handful of the lite versions. Must be a reason that the EMs don't use them.

Plus, thinking of these rattling down the road....I'de go with the more substantial one.
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote