Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-30-2016, 04:55 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1964 26' Overlander
London , Alabama
Bath tub Help - Can this be done??

Hi Guys,

I have a '64 Overlander and fitting in a mini bath tub. I have found the tub etc but I am finding it difficult to find any companies which can advise the type of material i.e acrylic, flexible plastic, metal etc which is best plus the sealant situation due to the movement of the trailer.

Has anyone done this???

Thanks
SallyStowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:05 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1973 21' Globetrotter
Houston , Texas
Well, I have seen this done in many of the "full monty" threads, and the occasional "bathroom makeover" threads. I have seen people create shower enclosures using everything from aluminum to stainless steel to wood to the big box store plastic shower surrounds to tile on "light" backer board. It is rare that you see any follow-up on any of these threads so I don't know how many of them develop problems/leaks over time. It helps to do a Google search from outside the forums and include terms like "airforums shower stall rebuild." Below is one such thread:

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f39/...walls-673.html

I am going to have to tackle this in the near future myself, and will likely use a a sheet of that textured plastic stuff designed to be used in custom made shower enclosures. I will aim to have as few seams as possible, and will seal with some kind of "remains flexible" silicone.

good luck!
Belegedhel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 09:13 AM   #3
Rivet Master

1966 26' Overlander
Woodstock , Georgia
in my 66 Overlander I used flexible silicon bathroom caulk. Better quality stuff, has lasted for 5 years with no problems
AIR #005
Please visit our blogs and web pages:
OUR AIRSTREAM PASSION! BLOG
RESTORING AN AIRSTREAM
retired!
ALANSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 03:43 PM   #4
1 Rivet Member

1971 25' Tradewind
Atl Bch , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by SallyStowe View Post
Hi Guys,

I have a '64 Overlander and fitting in a mini bath tub. I have found the tub etc but I am finding it difficult to find any companies which can advise the type of material i.e acrylic, flexible plastic, metal etc which is best plus the sealant situation due to the movement of the trailer.

Has anyone done this???

Thanks
How did your finished project turn out?
SilverSunny is offline   Reply With Quote