Old 01-15-2008, 08:28 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1968 26' Overlander
Stevensville/Fort Fun , Montana
Bath Tub

Having a hard time getting the bath tub out of my 68 Overlander. I can't seem to be able to get to the drain pipe for the bath, in order to detach the the plumbing. A lot of my floor rot is between the bath tub and the toilet. Everything is coming out great accept for this tub.

out4trout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1963 22' Safari
Vintage Kin Owner
Yakima Valley , Washington
Send a message via MSN to goransons
can't you remove the drain's chrome ring with a spud wrench? Ours came out pretty easy though they used some great sealer under it. Guessing the P-trap is glued anyway so hard to remove from below (at least ours was, but that may have been a repair)

goransons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:30 PM   #3
Silver Hilton
1959 24' Tradewind
Astoria , Oregon
In my '59 Tradewind, the chrome piece in the tub floor seemed welded to the cast iron plumbing beneath the floor. I was unable to free it using a tool with 4 "arms" that engaged the chrome supports (spud wrench?), resulting in destruction of these supports. I treated the area several times with Kroil penetrating oil to (hopefully) loosen the parts. As a last resort, before sacrificing the floor of the tub, I cut two vertical slots into the chrome drain piece with a Sawzall, and used a pair of large screwdriver blades to rotate the chrome drain free from the cast iron P-trap below. It wasn't pretty, but I was able to remove the shower pan intact.
Mark Wiltrakis is offline   Reply With Quote