Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #21
Rivet Master

Vintage Kin Owner
1977 31' Excella 500
Berkeley Springs , West Virginia
My 34 footer had a 20 year old Delta that was leaking and looked pretty sad. I spent the $90 and got a really sharp Moen on sale at Lowes. Been happy with it for the past two years. I'll let you know in another 20 how it's doing
Old 12-06-2009, 07:12 PM   #22
Rivet Master

1986 31' Sovereign
Miami , Florida
I removed my bathroom faucet (plastic - lightweight but cracked), walked into HD, handed it to the plumbing guy and said "I need the same thing, preferably in a single handle". 1.5 minutes later was headed for self checkout with a Moen that fit perfectly and my existing lines screwed right up tight. The only difference is that the Moen came ready rigged to run a sink drain (which I don't have -- I have a high tech device called a "stopper").

mike
n2916s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1978 29' Ambassador
1974 25' Tradewind
1974 27' Overlander
Indiana , Pennsylvania
While we are on the subject of faucets...what have any of you done when replacing the galley sink? Most of the sinks I've seen at Lowes or HD are to big. Any suggestions. We are replacing the countertop and doing the sink and faucets at the same time.
Roadrunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:43 PM   #24
Rivet Master

1977 27' Overlander
1973 27' Overlander
1963 19' Globetrotter
Naples , Florida
Thumbs down PP Faucets

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrawfordGene View Post
Dave, I bought the Price Pfister fixtures from eFaucet. Do they sell cheaper versions of the brands too?

I wonder if Airstream buys the cheap version of Moen fixtures? The sprayer in our kitchen is made of junk metal and plastic.

Gene
I think PP faucets are junk no matter where you get them. Dave
easyride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:49 PM   #25
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Send a message via Skype™ to WILDRTEXAS
PP is junk...Good to know! Thanks
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion...

Taylor 1/20/96 - 11/28/08

WILDRTEXAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 04:58 PM   #26
Rivet Master

1971 21' Globetrotter
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Currently Looking...
Arvada , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
While we are on the subject of faucets...what have any of you done when replacing the galley sink? Most of the sinks I've seen at Lowes or HD are to big. Any suggestions. We are replacing the countertop and doing the sink and faucets at the same time.

I got mine from Ebay using the search "RV Sink" It's deeper then most RV sinks and a double, This is what my wife told me I wanted.
Aerowood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:56 PM   #27
Don McKelvay

1994 34' Limited
London , Ontario
Moen faucets are IMHO excellent and the way to go - I guess that is why Airstream went to them. However, not all Moen faucets are guaranteed for life - you need to check with Moen. The hose on my 1994 Moen faucet needed replacement. I tried hoses from Home Depot, Canadian Tire and even Lowes while in the US, but all of those still leaked.
After several emails with Moen Canada I learned my model 7345 called the Riser was discontinued back in 1995 but luckily the hose was still available at about $28. They said it was not under a life-time warranty. To ensure it was the right one I drove to Moen in Oakville, Ontario and talked with their staff. They were superb gave me extra washers and a valve stem plus reduced the price to $19. Installed the hose right there and everything worked just fine.
WBCCI #205
AIR #42
1994 34' Limited
2004 GMC 2500 HD
Hensley Hitch
Don McKelvay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 03:52 PM   #28
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
Hey, if we all had to wait for photos until traylas were all finished, there wouldn't be hardly any photos on airforums! Let's see what Rinty looks like, garage included! LOL!

NAKED AND FEELING EMPTY....HAPPY NOW??

GARAGE TAKEOVER

[IMG]
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx307/WILDRTEXAS/airs089.jpg[/IMG]
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion...

Old 12-09-2009, 07:53 PM   #29
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
WoW!!! You have done a TON of work! Way to go, Cynthia!

So, don't worry about fixing a little bit of floor, Cynthia, you are so far in, that's only going to be one line in a great long list of fantastic things to do to your trailer.

And yes, it will be relatively easy to do as described above. As will the new PEX and bathroom layout.

I'm dying to see how you are going to do the new layout. Do you plan on using all the other existing AS furniture?

And thanks for posting your status so far. It will be a gorgeous trailer when you are done.

cheers,
Aage
Old 12-11-2009, 08:40 PM   #30
2 Rivet Member

1971 27' Overlander
Boulder City , Nevada
WOW!!! you really dig into it. Question; it looks like you've repainted the inside of the bathroom walls. Did you and what did you use? I sure don't like that icky yellow of our '71 AS.
zigzag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2016 30' Classic
Hinckley , Ohio
Some trailer facets can be replaced with home facets. Others not so much. Some of the shower valves can't be found in regular store. Take my Caravel for example, the kitchen facet is a standard 4" center facet. A home kitchen sink would be 8" center, but a lav facet works because it's a 4" center. My shower is an unusual set up, a 4" center with a right angle hand shower thread. You can't find that. But, you could find a wall mount utilty facet and adapt the spout the fit a hand showerhead and mount it upside down. As long as the finish is bright you can rebuild a facet. New washers, seats and some plumbers grease would set a person back about $3.
Bigventure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 10:25 AM   #32
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by zigzag View Post
WOW!!! you really dig into it. Question; it looks like you've repainted the inside of the bathroom walls. Did you and what did you use? I sure don't like that icky yellow of our '71 AS.
ZigZ, No I have yet to paint the bathroom. Actually, its still dirty original behind the fixtures. Have a rear floor rot issue to deal with before paint.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:37 AM   #33
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
Have you tried Wood preservation, rot repair, and restoration using epoxy resin on boats and homes. products?
Old 12-12-2009, 10:55 AM   #34
4 Rivet Member

1970 27' Overlander
ARLINGTON , TEXAS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight View Post
I have not. Thanks for the link. Ill give it a read.