Old 07-24-2010, 07:00 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
1977 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Darrington , Washington
JJustice, if you think a Bravura will fit, I have a brand new one(well almost, installed and sat on just used once LOL) that I will sell for a good deal. I live north of you so the shipping will be reasonable and there within a day of leaving me. I must admit the Bravura has a very comfortable seat and the profile is nice.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:37 PM   #16
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
1977 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Darrington , Washington
Janet, can you check the Sealander Travel Lite short dimensions. Their web site calls out 14" from the bottom of the toilet to the top of a small riser behind the toilet seat. That will not fit under my 12" space from the floor to the shelf bottom. I also read on Vintage Traveler Supply that a "short" needs a 4 bolt flange adapter to attach it. That may also add height.

All this information or mis information is confusing.

Old 07-24-2010, 10:40 PM   #17
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
1977 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Darrington , Washington
Does a Sealander really fit?

Janet, can you check the Sealander Travel Lite short dimensions. Their web site calls out 14" from the bottom of the toilet to the top of a small riser behind the toilet seat. That will not fit under my 12" space from the floor to the shelf bottom. I also read on Vintage Traveler Supply that a "short" needs a 4 bolt flange adapter to attach it. That may also add height.

Could they have modified the Sealander size?

All this information or mis information is confusing.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:29 AM   #18
Whitefawn

1978 Argosy 24
Scottsville , Virginia
Argosy toilet replace

Thanks Janet for the pix of your Argosy and the Sealander Lite. My husband has looked at the space in the Argosy, examined the Sealander Lite in our '71 Overlander and concluded that we can squeeze it in like you did. Here is the way it will hopefully work (which has already been well described by Janet?): Cut into the exterior BOTTOM of the secret compartment shelf, which has about an inch up to the interior shelf of the compartment that is visible when you open the door. Remove the rear plastic cap on the Sealander covering the valve mechanism. This should squeak some more room. Then hold your breath and squeeze that toilet back into the space, and hopefully it will fit without cutting into the secret compartment lower (interior) shelf. We might modify the valve cover to accommodate the smaller space for aesthetics. But if we have to, we will cut into the interior of secret compartment, and all those uses for that secret compartment which I have yet to think of will vanish! We will order our toilet soon and commence the project...

Kathy
Old 07-26-2010, 10:32 AM   #19
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
1977 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Darrington , Washington
I am curious about one thing. After you do this cutting, how much of the lower shelf material will be left to attach the shelf cover and will the toilet seat be able to open completetly? Does your shelf cover attach to the bottom of the shelf with a piano hindge? Mine does. The lower shelf thichness at the connection point is about 1/2".
Old 07-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #20
3 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 27
Lacey , Washington
I will work off the original post and say that I have found out today that the main water valve is the culprit and that I need to replace the toilet. The problem is this. The old, original toilet currently in the Argosy has a center front/back bolt pattern and all the new toilets that are at camping world have a left/right bolt pattern. I need a replacement toilet that will fit the bolt pattern to fit front/back bolt pattern and sit in the same place as the current stool. Any help here? thanks, jjustice
Old 07-26-2010, 10:27 PM   #21
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
The flange can be turned. Unscrew it and reorient to the pattern you need.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #22
Site Team

1964 26' Overlander
1964 19' Globetrotter
Eastern , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffaloman View Post
I am curious about one thing. After you do this cutting, how much of the lower shelf material will be left to attach the shelf cover and will the toilet seat be able to open completetly? Does your shelf cover attach to the bottom of the shelf with a piano hindge? Mine does. The lower shelf thichness at the connection point is about 1/2".
Good question. As mentioned earlier, you should be able to mount the new toilet w/o cutting into the secret compartment. I would NOT cut into that as it is a large molded piece and likely to be brittle. A careful install of the new toilet should make altering the trailer unnecessary.

Let's have a polishing party: I'll supply the trailer and buffing supplies. BYOB (bring your own buffer)

AirForums Custom Search
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #23
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
One note about the traveler lite.... it comes with a totally cheesy seat. I highly recommend buying a regular seat (which will fit) at lowes or walmart. Just take the old one with you when you shop to make sure you get the proper size.
Agreed!

I bought a Traveler 510H (not Lite) and the seat was part of my decision.

A friend has a Traveler Lite and the seat is her only complaint. I gave her the same advice about replacement.

You may also want to check out the Low Profile 511 and Lite models linked on the same page.
Old 07-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #24
3 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 27
Lacey , Washington
toilet cont.

Janet,
That is good news. I have not taken the old toilet off yet but when I do I will look for the ability to move the flange around to fit the configuration of the new stool. jjustice
Old 07-27-2010, 11:17 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
1977 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Darrington , Washington
JJ If you decide to use the Bravara, theat toilet has multiple bolt locations and the flange doesn't need to be rotated. The shelf will have to be cut however as it sits too far back. As I said before, I'd look for another toilet than the Bravara or Aqua magic.
Old 07-27-2010, 11:37 AM   #26
3 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 27
Lacey , Washington
toilet cont.

What would your recommend as a replacement toilet? On my trailer the toilet is on the right side in the bathroom.jjustce
Old 07-28-2010, 12:08 AM   #27
2 Rivet Member

1978 Argosy 24
1977 Argosy 28
Vintage Kin Owner
Darrington , Washington
JJ do you have a height restriction? if not , the Bravura is great. What is the dimension between the center of the flange and back wall?
Old 07-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #28
Whitefawn

1978 Argosy 24
Scottsville , Virginia
Traveler Lite

I am going to order the Traveler Lite. When we do the install (which may be weeks or months) I will post details. My husband Joe is confident we can make it work, and if we can avoid cutting the lower shelf we will... Even if we needed to cut the lower shelf, it would only be a enough to slide the nub on the the back of the toilet into place, which is a few inches. How that would impact the shelf door is another matter, and until we get into it we won't know.

Kathy