Old 04-26-2004, 01:10 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
Quote:
The coating is very resilient, chemically as well as mechanically.
3 girls with sandy feet last month in Baja could not even scratch it. My shower handle fell down in it numerous times, and the metal hose is rubbing on it also, no defects yet.
Ah yes - the little ones and the dropseys - yes I would say then it is pretty durable!

...So we would just have the issue of taking the unit out then....something to think about..

Thanks

Old 04-28-2004, 08:17 PM   #16
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
..and my result for the afternoon spent in the toilet. Well not exactly let's say I did a lot of kneeling!

It is now ready for the 600/1000/1200 grit wet sanding to bring back the shine. Then a good FG cream compound and final waxing.

I found a few spider cracks but nothing serious! A little chunk of gel coat out by the drain and their is another small blemish to the left of the door (not showing in the picture.) Really don't know why the PO sprayed it in the first place!!! Unless they thought it was the shower floor leaking when it was just the drain cap??

The floor came up suprisingly well however, I did have to take most of the floor texture off - but I have a replacement - I have used a product for no slip decks on FG boats - but have to look it up. Or I could find stars Moons or suns grippy floor stick ons

Our next issue is the new toilet - we have to go with a low profile because of the shelf - if we get the "tall boys" we will need a step ladder to get on it .

However the existing black plate is not sitting far enough back for the base of the new toilet - and it overhangs 1.5 inches - however if we move it back it may not have enough room to open the lid

Gee I sure hope I am not looking at trying to fix the old fuzzy bum toilet afterall. We will worry about that when we get to that point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Ready for Step 2.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	6261  

Old 04-28-2004, 08:30 PM   #17
Rivet Master

1979 30' Argosy
Havelock , where we park it
Thumbs up Looking good...

Hello Sharon.. Where did you get your toilet.. hand flush? That is what we are looking at.. Annie
Old 04-28-2004, 08:58 PM   #18
Rivet Master

Buckhorn , Ontario
I was lucky - called around and everything was well over $250. I could also not find a low profile anywhere either - my last call was into Peterborough RV and they happened to have it on sale for $199.00

It is an Aqua Magic IV Low profile - handflush/rinse model. They also have a foot flush model but it is about $70 more on top of the regular price which was I think $279.00.

I am really hoping that we can make it fit - we think it can - it's just hard to tell until we actually take the black plate off so it can sit flat and then we can lift the lid.

The older one is not more than the size of a bucket
Old 07-12-2004, 07:12 PM   #19
3 Rivet Member

What has been used by all to seal area where shower pan meets the wall's.

Thanks in advance,
Old 07-12-2004, 07:23 PM   #20
uwe

2007 25' Safari FB SE
1958 22' Flying Cloud
1974 29' Ambassador
Yucca Valley , California
Send a message via Skype™ to uwe
I used Silicone, regular white household type from HDepot