Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-18-2006, 06:32 PM   #1
3 Rivet Member

2005 30' Classic
Sacramento , California
30' WB shower leak question

Research on this forum has revealed a chronic problem with the shower leaking on the 30' wide body shower. I've had my 05 for a month and on my shake down cruise the leaking shower problem became apparent. It's been suggested I calk the lower hinge point. I've checked the plumbing and valve and no leaks...the problem must be the door. The lower hinge on the door appears to have been "re" calked but it still leaks.

My thought is to replace the door with a different style. I installed a pleated vynal shower door from CampingWorld on my 87 Soverign and had no problems for years.

Any thoughts from you all on changing out the door? Would I void whats left of my factory warranty? I've got until November on the warranty. I could take it to the dealer and hour away and let them work on it but I think all I'd get is more calk....There's a lot of summer left and I have more trips planned and none of them are to trips to the dealer!

Thanks

Mike