Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Sinks, Showers & Toilets
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2017, 05:34 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

Puget Sound , Washington
2031 Flying Cloud Shower plumbing access?

We have had our new to us trailer for less than a year and absolutely love everything about it. Even just sitting there it is one of the most attractive things we own. But of course there's always something....

On our last outing we noticed a small amount of water making its way out from the pan just above the waste valves and behind the wheel well when either of showered. After a few rudimentary tests we're pretty sure it's shower related. I have seen a thread about checking the seal between the top and bottom half of the shower stall and will continue to look at that. I fear however it's plumbing realted. Perhaps even as simple as the drain gasket.

Question is do I have to pull the entire plumbing pan to inspect and or repair or can I just detach the vertical side pan and slide it toward the outside of the body? I don't really see another option so far that wouldn't involve cutting the gray waste line to the gate valve - which I am in NO hurry to do. My biggest concern as I crawled around under it today is the gasket on the outside vertical face of the pan, passing through a secondary smaller panel......which since it is riveted on would need to have the rivets drilled out. [picture attached] And what the hell is behind there? Last thing I want to do is start drilling blindly!! I fear there is potential to turn this into a weeks long job.

After completely replacing the entire black water system, and rebuilding and refinishing most of the interior of our last trailer, , a '62 Avion, and endlessly dealing with small issues I just want to use this one!

At some point I may be inclined to say screw it, spend my time making money so I can just write check for someone experienced to "make my life better". And of course plead with them to make future access easier.

Certainly appreciate if someone who's been here before, or can point me to some pictures or diagrams of what's behind/underneath the plumbing pan, or some tips on a path of least resistance please feel free to share.

TIA - jeff

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	plumbing pan.png
Views:	90
Size:	1.37 MB
ID:	295828  
offwhite is offline   Reply With Quote