Old 05-12-2019, 06:34 AM   #1

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Pittsburgh , Pennsylvania
2019 FC 26RBT with a fresh water toilet leak

Hello all, I was hoping to do an introductory post, but I'm already in need of assistance. We've been in our 26RBT for 23 days and we love it so far...except. We have a leak coming from under the toilet bowl. Fortunately, it appears to be a fresh water leak.

I'll likely call Airstream support or my dealer tomorrow, but this seems like a fix that I hopefully can take care of sooner. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to lift the toilet to see and get to the place of the leak.

Has anyone ever lifted the Macerator toilet in a 26? The leak seems to be coming out from under the toilet and actually leaks out into the bedroom floor if unattended. Has anyone had this problem and what is the fix?

Thanks in advance - I've enjoyed reading the forum for months and maybe someday I'll be able to contribute.

Lee

LongCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:07 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
We have a leak coming from under the toilet bowl. Fortunately, it appears to be a fresh water leak.
I had the same leak. A small amount of clean water was seen on the bedroom floor right under the toilet access cutout. (It may be different on the twin). I could see a sheen moving towards the bed, so I put a towel there and let the dealer work on it. I guess they tightened some clamps, because they cured it. The service manager says they fill the bowl with water, and flush, watching for a drip.
There's no way I could get on the floor of the bathroom with my head behind the throne, and get out without the fire department.

Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 07:38 AM   #3

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Thanks Mollysdad. Yea, it looks like it's coming from under the toilet. I'm thinking the toilet will have to be lifted to even get too the fitting that needs to be tightened. Like you said, there isn't a lot of room to work with back there. I'll call the Airstream Support Center on Monday and see what they suggest. I'm nowhere near a dealer - actually probably closer to Jackson Center than any dealer right now. I wonder if they'd squeeze me in?
Old 05-12-2019, 09:06 AM   #4
Rivet Master

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Jackson center will do it right. Better than any dealer.
Water on the floor is never a good long term proposal.
Pittsburg to central Ohio is not a bad jaunt.
As much as I like the 26 layout, the electric toilet is one feature that has me worried.

I just looked at the AS dealers. Closest is one in central Pennsylvania, (1280 Route 764
Duncansville, PA 16635 814-695-9817) but Haydocy is in Columbus, Ohio. (3895 W. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43228 614-279-8880)
If I was going to Columbus, I'd make the extra few miles to Jackson Center. Especially with a 2019!
I've always wanted to see it anyway.

Google says Pittsburg to Jackson Center via I-70 is 260 miles!
Mollysdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2019, 10:27 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2017 26' Flying Cloud
Missouri Valley , Iowa
Lee, we had a '17 26U with the macerator toilet. We would have an occasional water leak in the area you refer to. Ours was from a seal on the macerator shaft. When we filled the bowl with water to add the tank treatment is when it would show up the worst. We made an appointment at Jackson Center for replacement under warranty. They were very accommodating with setting up the repair job and date, I think, especially since it involved a water leak.

Dan
Farmer Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #6
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
Hello all, I was hoping to do an introductory post, but I'm already in need of assistance. We've been in our 26RBT for 23 days and we love it so far...except. We have a leak coming from under the toilet bowl. Fortunately, it appears to be a fresh water leak.

I'll likely call Airstream support or my dealer tomorrow, but this seems like a fix that I hopefully can take care of sooner. Unfortunately, it looks like I'll have to lift the toilet to see and get to the place of the leak.

Has anyone ever lifted the Macerator toilet in a 26? The leak seems to be coming out from under the toilet and actually leaks out into the bedroom floor if unattended. Has anyone had this problem and what is the fix?

Thanks in advance - I've enjoyed reading the forum for months and maybe someday I'll be able to contribute.

Lee
Hi LongCut,*

Congratulations on your new Airstream! Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
Old 05-30-2019, 09:43 AM   #7

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Just thought I'd update. Thanks for reaching out Airstream.

It appears we had a similar issue to Farmer Dan. The Airstream Service Center was very helpful in squeezing us in last week - the week before Alumapalooza so they were busy. The technician tried to make it leak, but couldn't see any evidence of an issue until he removed the toilet. That's when he saw there had been some leaking at the Macerator shaft. He replace the toilet and it seems everything appears to be good.

I wish we would have had time to take the tour when we were there, but it was a quick trip. I'm very appreciative of the Airstream Service Center getting us in on short notice.