Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-29-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1964 22' Safari
Dayton , Ohio
Where does the water pump go in relation to the tank?

Doing a complete remodel of a 64' Safari and I thought there was a specific location for the water pump in relation to the water tank. I can;'t remember what thread I read it in.

Should it be mounted above, below, next too?

Thanks for the help!
Mike&Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1979 23' Safari
1954 29' Liner
Orange , California
All I know is that the pump should be between the tank and the first fixture. My Safari has the tank under the floor between the axles and the pump is in the bathroom. The tank on my Liner is under the floor in front of the axles and the pump is in front of the kitchen.

Bill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Ali View Post
Doing a complete remodel of a 64' Safari and I thought there was a specific location for the water pump in relation to the water tank. I can;'t remember what thread I read it in.

Thanks for the help!
Bill Kerfoot, WBCCI/VAC/CAC/El Camino Real Unit #5223
Just my personal opinion
1973 Dodge W200 PowerWagon, 1977 Lincoln Continental, 2014 Dodge Durango
1979 23' Safari, and 1954 29' Double Door Liner Orange, CA

https://billbethsblog.blogspot.com/
wkerfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike&Ali View Post

Thanks for the help!
The 64 water tank was under a rear bed, as I recall, but some were under the front window

The water tank was then move up front, under the window, with the pump next to it, and again, if I remember correctly, on the road side.

The filler was also on the road side.

Andy
Inland RV Center, In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 09:04 PM   #4
4 Rivet Member

1976 31' Sovereign
2000 33' Land Yacht
Ball Ground , Georgia
Question on fresh water

I hope this doesn't devert your train of thought. I'm starting to work on my 1976. I assume there is a check valve somewere between the pump and shore water pressure so the fresh water tank won't backfill through the pump. Does anyone have a diagram or explaination of how the two systems seperate from each other. Is the pump self priming and if all joints are tight pull water from the tank. While I'm at it can someone driect me to how the sanitize a 30 year old tank that hasn't had water in it.
AL’ UM- MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote