Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-09-2010, 09:14 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

Johnsonbrg , Pennsylvania
What fitting for GAS on Atwood gas/elec WH

O.K., I got my fittings for in/out water (1/2" npt)...Thanks everyone! Now, when I took out my old water heater I buggered up the gas line and my plumbing helper says I should find a flexible line I can fish up thru the existing holes in the belly and flare fit on the original gas line underneath. The plumbing shop I started at couldn't help so tomorrow I'm going to call around, but I don't know what ends I need? Is the original gas line 1/4"? Also, what is the fitting size on the Water Heater? Thanks!

Randy
rlindberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 11:29 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1971 27' Overlander
Central , Ohio
We used a 3/8" x 3' yellow flex line from HD or Lowe's. It came with several fittings - not sure if I had to by another adapter or not - take the old line with you. Where it entered the belly and the water heater box I used a rubber grommet to protect the line. Sealed the space between the grommet and line with silicone. Painted the exterior portion silver and added a new clamp to secure it to the belly pan. Coiled the excess line up in the water heater housing.
Ganglin is offline   Reply With Quote