Old 06-25-2004, 10:53 AM   #1
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Water Pump Recommendations

On our last little trip, we noticed our water pump was really laboring and water flow was much reduced from previous trips. Looks like we might be replacing and wondered if anyone else has done so recently and if they might have recommendations for one they like/or that works and holds up reliably. Have noticed that Shurflo was widely used, but not necessarily one that produces great water flow. My husband always looks in Camping World catalog and saw one on sale recently. Don't have the brand here in front of me, but think it was called a Flo-sure or Flo-Master. Would really prefer to get some thoughts on this before purchase and install. Thanks

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2004, 11:28 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1966 22' Safari
Armada , Michigan
This goes against what many others have told me, but we got a Surflo 3.7 gpm at West Marine to replace the dead PAR on the Safari. To be honest the water pressure is great. And, yes, it is louder than the PAR, but it really cycles on so infrequently, and only when a tap is on that I don't understand why noise is an issue, because it doesn't bother I or my wife. My only issue was that I had to neck up from the 1/2" ID hose on the pump to the 5/8" ID hose that allows connections to the 5/8" OD copper pipe of the trailer. A trip to the local hardware store solved that issue pretty easily.

John

Old 06-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #3
Rivet Master

The Sureflo can be rebuilt relatively inexpensively, but before you do that make certain the screen in the inlet filter is not clogged.

I am very pleased with my Aquajet ES variable speed pump. And should be, for the price.

Mark
Old 06-25-2004, 02:27 PM   #4
Obsessed with Moonunit

1978 Argosy Minuet 6.7 Metre
Love It Here , Colorado
Thanks, my husband decided to go w/replacement of same Sureflo model we had before. Said the water flow was good enough and apparently this model is readily available w/no modifications and is fairly priced around $70. So, there we go!!

"When a great ship is in harbour and moored, it is safe, there can be no doubt. But that is not what great ships are built for." by Clarissa Pinkola-Estes, author of ‘Women Who Run With the Wolves’
COArgosy78 is offline   Reply With Quote