Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 08-31-2010, 08:07 PM   #21
Master of Universe

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
jhohe,

Under the wardrobe there is a panel with a heat register in it, probably. Behind it is the water pump way back amongst wires, tubing, heat duct. The panel is a door and opens to the left (hinge is on the left), and you have to get under it with strong finger and pull it open. A screwdriver could help.

The pump can be remounted on rubber washers or a rubber pad and that will quiet it a bit. There are other ways to quiet it, but more complicated.

The pump probably faces the wrong way so you cannot get to the filter which should be cleaned annually as per Owner's Manual.

The best thing is to turn the pump around, mount on rubber, reattach the fittings and clean the filter. You can install a bypass kit to pump antifreeze into the water tubing and fixtures for winterizing. This dumb way of installing the pump has been done years, perhaps decades.

See 2air's post 13 for links with more info.

Gene
Gene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:33 AM   #22
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post

blah blah blah
....And while I am at it, may I ask should there be a length of small diameter heat ducting that just ends with a raw edge in the space there by the water pump with no tie down or particular place to go?
Hi Carol ,
I just read this and, FYI, my small diameter heat duct is actually pushed down a
"hole" to blow directly on the tank walls. It is not just laying beside the pump.
Your model may be different.

I was browsing this thread because my pump seemed to be getting louder and
louder. Finally a week ago, while camping, I was sitting outside and noticed
water running down the side of my AS. I was hooked up to water, and it was
coming out of the spot where you fill the water tank. I assumed the pump's
check valve was shot, so i installed a SHURflo Extreme™ Smart Sensor™ 4.0.
I may have been able to just replace the check valve, but I was tired of all
the noise. The SHURflo is much quieter.
There are some really good tips in this thread, thanks.

2500HD DMax............30' Classic