Old 07-21-2010, 03:30 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 23' International CCD
Lapeer , Michigan
Thumbs up

Yipee!!!!

A big ol' bunny hop for you 2Air! Brad found the hex screw adjstment and turned it to adjust the factory set presssure switch and it is no longer jack hammering. Some lines could probably be wrapped to further quiet wall vibration but the water pressure is strong and steady and the pump noise is very acceptable. And the best part, the price was certainly right.
It turns out properly installed and adjusted this Aquajet ES FV Pump 3.5 gpm @ 75psi 6.5 amp 12VDC is doing the job. Thank you bunches.

Old 07-21-2010, 03:51 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by easyride View Post
My guess is you have a Moen pressure balancing valve,it is not getting enough pressure to make it balance correctly Dave
Glad to hear the pump question is resolved, but the hot and cold shower may be a separate issue. When we push the slide on the shower head and reduce flow, temperature of the water changes. On the original shower head, it got very hot. It was replaced under warranty. Second shower head broke. It was replaced under warranty. Third shower head leaks from all its connections, but warranty is up. And, when we restrict the flow, the water gets cold.

It could be there are 2 kinds of shower heads—one to scald, the other to freeze. I doubt that, but given the Airstream factory's quality record, who knows?

So after 2 1/2 years of wondering about this, it came to me that if the shower valve is a pressure balancing unit, reducing flow too much may screw it up. Reducing flow would seem to increase pressure in the valve. I have done nothing to solve it, including not looking at the cartridge, but am wondering if this is part of the problem or others have this problem.

Gene

Old 07-21-2010, 04:15 PM   #17
_

. , .
good follow up C'

and good job by the fella named brad.

since your unit appears to have the flex lines installed,

and the screwz been tweaked...

u have now attained aquajet nirvana...

got forth and showa'

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 01:21 PM   #18
1 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
Ft Wright , Kentucky
I too have a hammering SurFlo pump on my 2007 Safari (25'/FB). Where do I find access to the pump for repair/replacement?
Old 08-31-2010, 01:58 PM   #19
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
For your model I think you have to unscrew the floor of your large wardrobe closet across from the bath. (18 screws along the sides?) When we did that we also made a panel to remove for future access. We just made a cut out then braced the cutout and returned the piece that we had cut out, a finger hole would help lift it out but we just used a screwdriver, it fit tightly. DH puts a winterizing kit there to add the antifreeze.

John (Pahaska) made a nice trap door for access. http://www.airforums.com/forums/f296...tml#post200590
Attached Images

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 02:15 PM   #20
Rivet Master

Lapeer , Michigan
Jhohe Wait. First check that there isn't a front panel that pops out and pulls forward under the wardrobe...

photography
wheel interested is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 09:07 PM   #21
Rivet Master

2008 25' Safari FB SE
Grand Junction , Colorado
jhohe,

Under the wardrobe there is a panel with a heat register in it, probably. Behind it is the water pump way back amongst wires, tubing, heat duct. The panel is a door and opens to the left (hinge is on the left), and you have to get under it with strong finger and pull it open. A screwdriver could help.

The pump can be remounted on rubber washers or a rubber pad and that will quiet it a bit. There are other ways to quiet it, but more complicated.

The pump probably faces the wrong way so you cannot get to the filter which should be cleaned annually as per Owner's Manual.

The best thing is to turn the pump around, mount on rubber, reattach the fittings and clean the filter. You can install a bypass kit to pump antifreeze into the water tubing and fixtures for winterizing. This dumb way of installing the pump has been done years, perhaps decades.

See 2air's post 13 for links with more info.

Gene
Old 09-23-2010, 09:33 AM   #22
Sky
Classic 30

Sum Wear , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheel interested View Post

blah blah blah
....And while I am at it, may I ask should there be a length of small diameter heat ducting that just ends with a raw edge in the space there by the water pump with no tie down or particular place to go?
Hi Carol ,
I just read this and, FYI, my small diameter heat duct is actually pushed down a
"hole" to blow directly on the tank walls. It is not just laying beside the pump.
Your model may be different.

I was browsing this thread because my pump seemed to be getting louder and
louder. Finally a week ago, while camping, I was sitting outside and noticed
water running down the side of my AS. I was hooked up to water, and it was
coming out of the spot where you fill the water tank. I assumed the pump's
check valve was shot, so i installed a SHURflo Extreme™ Smart Sensor™ 4.0.
I may have been able to just replace the check valve, but I was tired of all
the noise. The SHURflo is much quieter.
There are some really good tips in this thread, thanks.

2500HD DMax............30' Classic