Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2011, 10:24 AM   #1

2011 31' Classic
Eugene , Oregon
Water Pump cutting out

We have a 2011 31 foot Classic. The Water pump has been cutting out regularly when we detach our waterline due to freezing temps. It'll work one time and then a minute later it won't. I've checked the circuit breakers, they're ok. Is there anything else I can check before taking it in for warranty work?

Thanks, Dave
DaveT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:37 AM   #2
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
More details are needed. Under normal circumstances the pump should cycle on and off depending on demand.
When you open a faucet. Does the water start and stop or run with a variance in pressure? Which is normal.
I'm not familiar with the newer AS, but I wouldn't think you should have your pump turned on if you are on city water.
If you are not on city water, you need to have water in the fresh water holding tank.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:34 AM   #3

2011 31' Classic
Eugene , Oregon
re:pump

Of course there is water in the tank. You can run the faucet, water comes out fine. shut it off. come back a minute later and there is nothing, no pump noise, no trickle of water--dead. Toggle the pump off and on, nothing.

come five minutes later and it runs. There is probably a loose connection somewhere in the system...trying to trace it down is the problem. I found some info in related posts..
DaveT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 09:41 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1999 34' Excella
Joshua , Texas
Check the wire connectors at the pump. I had this same problem awhile back and found one of the crimped connectors was broken on one wire. I replaced the connector and it worked fine from then on.....