Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2015, 08:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2014 27' FB Eddie Bauer
Lake Placid , Florida
Water Pump

We have a 2015 Classic and were packing it up to leave for a trip to the Smoky Mountains in the morning. I turned on the water pump and the water came out just like usual and then within 15-20 seconds, it slowed to a trickle. my husband finally located the pump behind the drawer under the refrigerator thinking maybe the filter needed cleaning. It was clean as can be. Any other suggestions? Also, if it needs to be replaced, do any of you know, will it require pulling the refrigerator out? I can't imagine how you can do any work in such a small opening. Thanks for your input!

Laura & Tom
Old 10-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #2
CRH
Rivet Master

1995 25' Excella
xxxxx , xxxxxx
Check for leaks. It sounds like it was sucking air.
CRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:56 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
Before you do anything with the pump, assuming it's still running, check the aireator in the faucet to insure it is not clogged with debris.
Old 10-21-2015, 09:00 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Venice , Florida
The short answer is no. The water pump is usually easily repaired or replaced as its a small motor with a couple hoses & electrical connection.

I got the feeling that maybe your fresh water tank may be very low or empty as some pumps won't function if there is no water to pump. Otherwise it's an electrical issue but most likely a bad pump.

Enjoy the Smoky's, bring a few gallons of bottle water to use between hookups & get it repaired when you get back to Fl.
TAC FL-47
2018 Nissan Titan XD Cummins Diesel
Mrjkq is offline   Reply With Quote