Old 09-18-2017, 05:56 AM   #101
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Upper St Clair, PA , PA-Summer/FL-Winter
Great to hear. Sometimes learning about a particular RV, any RV, is like herding cats. It takes a while.

Enjoy

Bud

Bud
Starting to Look (AGAIN) Number 5 Hopefully
USAF Training Instructor (TI) - 68-72
paiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2017, 08:54 AM   #102
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Don't know if this has been posted recently. I ran into a gentleman at the Hershey show at the Alde booth there. We chatted a bit about things like getting to valves and seeing this and that. He offered up that Alde is quite willing to help people with their systems:

Alde Corp
Tel: 360-597-3017
Toll Free: 877-860-9814
info@alde.us
www.alde.us

They are in Vancouver, WA so calling at 8AM eastern time probably isn't going to work very well

Bob

uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 07:36 AM   #103
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Don't know if this has been posted recently. I ran into a gentleman at the Hershey show at the Alde booth there. We chatted a bit about things like getting to valves and seeing this and that. He offered up that Alde is quite willing to help people with their systems:

Alde Corp
Tel: 360-597-3017
Toll Free: 877-860-9814
info@alde.us
www.alde.us

They are in Vancouver, WA so calling at 8AM eastern time probably isn't going to work very well

Bob

It's too bad that Alde and Airstream are in complete denial that anyone can get a 10 minute hot shower on a 2017 Classic, even though there are several testimonies to that effect on this forum. For the cost of a plane ticket and a hotel room they could fly paiceman or one of the others to Ohio and demonstrate how it's done. Seems a cheap way to satisfy a whole bunch of their customers. Or they could spend thousands in warranty repairs that are probably just setup problems and continue to have multiple really p....d off customers. Kind of a simple choice to me, but then again I like simple. Does that make me stupid
Old 09-19-2017, 07:52 AM   #104
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
I no longer fly - BUT, they could pay my way and I'd be more than happy. But, I continue to believe it's a Lawyer imposed liability issue and therefore, they do not want to "know" that this system can be pushed and heated to 150F Plus and give two nice long hot showers.

So, folks who own one are more than welcome to read the Alde sections here, follow the directions and love their units or contact one of us who has successfully achieved such bliss.

Bud

Bud
Old 09-19-2017, 07:56 AM   #105
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Anybody ('18) out there with Alde bliss that has a working Alde Flow (continuous hot water), Alde Heat and Sanitary water (close to 10 mins above 90 in the shower), and a working Firefly/Alde interface?
Old 09-19-2017, 01:18 PM   #106
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe7009 View Post
It's too bad that Alde and Airstream are in complete denial that anyone can get a 10 minute hot shower on a 2017 Classic, even though there are several testimonies to that effect on this forum. For the cost of a plane ticket and a hotel room they could fly paiceman or one of the others to Ohio and demonstrate how it's done. Seems a cheap way to satisfy a whole bunch of their customers. Or they could spend thousands in warranty repairs that are probably just setup problems and continue to have multiple really p....d off customers. Kind of a simple choice to me, but then again I like simple. Does that make me stupid
Hi

I did have a conversation about the upper temperature stuff with the gentleman. He confirmed that indeed there is an issue with telling people how to set up a hazardous situation. Very much the same conversation I've had with a number of plumbers over the years ....

Bob
Old 09-19-2017, 03:35 PM   #107
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Hi

I did have a conversation about the upper temperature stuff with the gentleman. He confirmed that indeed there is an issue with telling people how to set up a hazardous situation. Very much the same conversation I've had with a number of plumbers over the years ....

Bob

Not only will Airstream nor Alde tell people how to get the showers hot, but I believe most certainly will not actually do it either and I am further betting that if they get into a "modified" system they will set it back to factory specifications. Which is why unless mine totally fails, it does not go back for any work on the Alde nor the empty, purge and re-fill as recommended at two years.

Bud

Bud
Old 09-19-2017, 03:45 PM   #108
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Not only will Airstream nor Alde tell people how to get the showers hot, but I believe most certainly will not actually do it either and I am further betting that if they get into a "modified" system they will set it back to factory specifications. Which is why unless mine totally fails, it does not go back for any work on the Alde nor the empty, purge and re-fill as recommended at two years.

Bud
Hi

I've reset these sort of systems (hot water thermostats) on a lot of houses I've owned. I've never had a plumber reset any of them. I have on occasion re-set them to "safe" levels when selling the house. More or less it's "don't ask / don't tell".

Bob
Old 09-22-2017, 07:46 PM   #109
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
We finally had the time to recalibrate the mixing valve. I think we have finally solved the hot water issue!!! We had 2 back to back showers. I, who like my showers hot, couldn't use it at the max hot water setting in the shower. (So no taking the anti-scald device out. That was the last step.) I filled up 25% of the gray water tank. My husband added another 20% with no decrease in temperature.
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 07:51 PM   #110
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Still have to work on heat. Waiting for the Alde fluid from JC to have on hand just in case the level goes down too much on bleeding. We had stopped at dealer today to pick some up. They said, "What?" After the service mgr talked with the technician, he returned to say, "No we don't carry that." Still some communication issues between the Firefly and the Alde panel. The shower boost does not register on the Alde panel after turning it on at the Firefly. May need to wait for a software upgrade for that or some wire is crossed.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:26 AM   #111
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

One interesting thought about the mixing valve:

Is it impacted by water pressure? It's just a simple mechanical gizmo so maybe it is. I believe our campsite supply has a flow restrictor on it (or lazy Bob should check again for a kink in the hose ....). Something has the pressure changing here. That's got me wondering ....

Bob
Old 09-23-2017, 03:37 PM   #112
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Hi

One interesting thought about the mixing valve:

Is it impacted by water pressure? It's just a simple mechanical gizmo so maybe it is. I believe our campsite supply has a flow restrictor on it (or lazy Bob should check again for a kink in the hose ....). Something has the pressure changing here. That's got me wondering ....

Bob
Our trailers have a pressure regulator in them. I have always used one on the campground water outlet. I did our first trip out and had very little pressure. Took off my pressure regulator and pressure was and has been fine.

Bud

Bud
Old 09-24-2017, 07:40 AM   #113
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by paiceman View Post
Our trailers have a pressure regulator in them. I have always used one on the campground water outlet. I did our first trip out and had very little pressure. Took off my pressure regulator and pressure was and has been fine.

Bud
Hi

A pressure regulator helps with pressure that is to high. It isn't going to do much for the campground that seems to think 30 psi is a fine water pressure. I don't think we are down at 30 psi here, but it is sometimes below the 50 or 60 psi that the regulator should cut in at.

Bob
Old 09-24-2017, 05:52 PM   #114
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Quote:
Hi

A pressure regulator helps with pressure that is to high. It isn't going to do much for the campground that seems to think 30 psi is a fine water pressure. I don't think we are down at 30 psi here, but it is sometimes below the 50 or 60 psi that the regulator should cut in at.

Bob
I've run into few of those that use a well and pump and when a number of people are using water the pressure drops thru the floor. Our issue was having two pressure regulators, I think, as when I took the exterior one off water pressure was fine.

Bud

Bud
Old 09-25-2017, 04:39 AM   #115
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
I am not using an external pressure regulator. The pressure at the spigot was in the 50 psi range, so I am just using the internal regulator. I have better pressure using the water pump and fresh water tank. Since the fresh water tank keeps filling up on its own, figure I should use it rather than waste it!
Old 10-08-2017, 03:06 PM   #116
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Any y'all 18 Classic Alde folks have a shuddering or rumbling while on gas while at altitude, especially on high gas, as indicated by higher blower rpm on the Alde service panel? Any 17-ers added an additional gas regulator to solve said vibrations?
Old 10-09-2017, 05:41 AM   #117
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
I've not been at an altitude using it higher than 4,000' and at that altitude had no issues, so I've done nothing.

Bud

Bud
Old 10-09-2017, 08:49 AM   #118
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

Let's see. I'm here and the shore of the Atlantic is over there .... does "about this much" count as altitude?

I don't think we have many campsites in the east that would let us check things above a few thousand feet. I'm guessing that "at altitude" is more in the vicinity of 8,000+

Bob
Old 10-09-2017, 10:40 AM   #119
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
Just wondering if the oriface for the Alde gas burner would need to be changed for the higher altitude to keep the fuel/air mixture relatively stable?

There are altitude specific orifaces for the Genconnex propane conversion for our two Honda 2,000 watt generators.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2017, 12:06 PM   #120
3 Rivet Member

2007 27' Safari FB SE
2017 30' Classic
Summerville , South Carolina
I was in the Canadian Rockies this summer for over 3 weeks. Elevations 3500'-5000'. I did not experience the gas noise that others have reported. Does anyone know at what elevation this occurs?
I was at JC in July and asked about the High altitude mod. They said they were not doing it at this time. They said some dealers have done it, but no details. Does anyone have details on the mod?

Captain Hank is offline   Reply With Quote