Old 09-16-2017, 10:28 AM   #81
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinStreamin View Post
Sorry, photos posted twice.

I sent you a PM about figuring out pictures. We have found the hidden valve. We are trying to figure out if the picture is a before or after picture. This is what our hidden valve looks like now. We have not moved it yet.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3199.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	311.9 KB
ID:	295008

Trying to determine whether your picture is a before or after and if all the front valves should be in the position shown in pictures 1-3. Ours didn't, but they were positioned by the dealer technician when he was trying unsuccessfully to make it work.

ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:21 PM   #82
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Does anyone know by looking at this picture if this valve is open or closed? There is a white pipe under the black tub that the black valve is attached to. The handle of the valve is pointing straight up. From the schematics of the AS manual
Name:   IMG_3210.JPG
Views: 197
Size:  87.2 KB
this appears to be valve #1
Name:   IMG_3199.JPG
Views: 195
Size:  89.5 KB
. And should be open in normal operation. Maybe if it closed and it should be open, this would prevent me from getting hot water. I did check the temps before and after on the Alde panel under the sink. The water and sanitary temperatures were in the 90's without the water heater being on. It went to 165 and 153 when the water heater was turned on. It appears to be making hot water, but never getting out to the faucet. 
Name:   IMG_3207.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  88.8 KB

This is what the other three valves look like. I think 2-4 are in the right positions. I am not sure about what the yellow lever is or which direction it should be in but it basically only flips in a line from left to right.

It is frustrating that I am here on a Saturday and JC is not available on Saturdays. I do not live near my AS and cannot talk to them Monday-Friday from 9-5. I need someone to talk to when normal people aren't working.

Old 09-16-2017, 03:18 PM   #83
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajwbarnard View Post
Does anyone know by looking at this picture if this valve is open or closed? There is a white pipe under the black tub that the black valve is attached to. The handle of the valve is pointing straight up. From the schematics of the AS manualAttachment 295013 this appears to be valve #1Attachment 295014. And should be open in normal operation. Maybe if it closed and it should be open, this would prevent me from getting hot water. I did check the temps before and after on the Alde panel under the sink. The water and sanitary temperatures were in the 90's without the water heater being on. It went to 165 and 153 when the water heater was turned on. It appears to be making hot water, but never getting out to the faucet. Attachment 295015

This is what the other three valves look like. I think 2-4 are in the right positions. I am not sure about what the yellow lever is or which direction it should be in but it basically only flips in a line from left to right.

It is frustrating that I am here on a Saturday and JC is not available on Saturdays. I do not live near my AS and cannot talk to them Monday-Friday from 9-5. I need someone to talk to when normal people aren't working.
Hi

Simple way to find out: Change the valve and see what happens.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 03:19 PM   #84
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Ajw, I'm looking at all the diagrams and pictures. The yellow lever is the safety valve, drains straight down out of the trailer, used when you have to "restore the air cushion in the domestic water heater chamber". If you download the 2017 Alde manual early in the Much Ado thread, read the part about monthly, or weekly during winter use, restoration of the air cushion.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #85
4 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
Green Cove Springs , Florida
Water/Hot Water 2018 Classic

It would seem the valve in the foreground in the middle of the white pipes is in the closed position. Normally the handle protrusion would be in line with the pipe to be open. Get the Alde manual and read it. The yellow valve is the drain for the hot water tank. Straight up is open.
Old 09-16-2017, 03:49 PM   #86
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Ajw, your valve 1 in the picture above is shut off if the handle is perpendicular to the tubing. That looks like the cold water inlet to the water heater. I wish I could tell you which way to turn it to open, right (or left) to align the handle with the tubing, but in my trailer, I have some of each. But it needs to be open.

Red tubing is hot water out of the boiler, into the mixing valve and out to the trailer. The white tube into the bottom of the mixing valve from the safety valve is the cold mix water and loop over pressure protection.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:23 PM   #87
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncle_bob View Post
Hi

Simple way to find out: Change the valve and see what happens.

Bob

If only it would move at all. But maybe trying turning it either way may result in it moving. We were trying left because of the instructions from another post. But try again, we will. Just didn't want to break it if it wasn't what we were thinking it was.
Old 09-16-2017, 04:32 PM   #88
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
It's hard to gorilla torque those winky little valves with out a tool and break them. If you have exceeded your ability to change is position in either direction, cycle all the other similar valves in the area to determine if most of them are, "lefty loosee (open), righty tighty (shut). After your survey, try open in the same direction using a pair of pliars as gently as possible. Or take cold showers two more days till Monday, and let them break it.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #89
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe7009 View Post
It would seem the valve in the foreground in the middle of the white pipes is in the closed position. Normally the handle protrusion would be in line with the pipe to be open. Get the Alde manual and read it. The yellow valve is the drain for the hot water tank. Straight up is open.
Yes, valve #4 should be shut for normal ops. Anybody seen an Alde Manual for the 3020 units on the '18s? Yellow handle valve also normally shut, flat, unless draining the hot water boiler for air cushion.
Old 09-16-2017, 05:27 PM   #90
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Quote:
Update...got wonderful technical support from customer service, this morning. After a couple of emails with pictures and a few turns of valves/knobs, we have hot water. Thanks to everyone for sharing their wisdom, from a set of Newbies. Now onto more discoveries! Happy trails everyone.
Ahoy, Stream mate, did AS share any secrets about the Alde Flow operation or a manual for your Alde 3020 system? The Classic Owners Manual still refers to the Alde Manual supplied at delivery. (Just like '17, but not provided).
Old 09-16-2017, 07:10 PM   #91
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
If only it would move at all. But maybe trying turning it either way may result in it moving. We were trying left because of the instructions from another post. But try again, we will. Just didn't want to break it if it wasn't what we were thinking it was.

After waiting for the Alde to be cool enough to work around the valve is now open and we are getting a somewhat consistent flow of warm water out. Now it may just need some tweaking of the mixing valve and maybe the anti-scald and we may actually be in business here.
Old 09-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #92
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Ajw, good to hear. As I said earlier, none of this is difficult but it is a bit time consuming. I am not a very patient person so I wanted it to work immediately. It took lots of tweaking and a lot of waiting to see if anything worked. It appears you are heading in the right direction. Keeping going.

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:33 PM   #93
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Update...got wonderful technical support from customer service, this morning. After a couple of emails with pictures and a few turns of valves/knobs, we have hot water. Thanks to everyone for sharing their wisdom, from a set of Newbies. Now onto more discoveries! Happy trails everyone.

It appears that because our problem/symptoms were similar your fix that you posted seems to have worked for us as well. We would never have found that valve without your pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share what you had learned. It is appreciated.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:26 PM   #94
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Sanford , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by james.mileur View Post
So, you repositioned one valve in picture 7? Or do all the other valves need to be repositioned to match the photos.

I found in '17 Classic plumbing, some quarter throw valves opened to the left, some to the right. They use both kinds. Did you shut the valve in picture 7, (handle perpendicular to the tubing) or open (handle in line with tubing)?

And does the system work using the water pump or only on shore water?

We only repositioned the one valve in pix 7 - hard turn left. The pix I provided was prior to the hard turn left. We did not try the system with the water pump, only shore water.
GoinStreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:27 PM   #95
1 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Sanford , North Carolina
Quote:
It appears that because our problem/symptoms were similar your fix that you posted seems to have worked for us as well. We would never have found that valve without your pictures. Thanks for taking the time to share what you had learned. It is appreciated.

So happy it worked for you! Happy trails!!
GoinStreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 07:43 AM   #96
1 Rivet Member

Ponte Vedra , Florida
kendrick,
Thank you for the reply; we too can log approx 10-12 minutes of a shower with a very low discipline of navy showers. I was unsure if it was due to our location (FL) and relative temperature of the "cold" water" or fully functioning system. Last week when we evacuated from Irma we were in Knoxville area and presumably the incoming city water would be cooler than FL and still had very nice showers.
Paratus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 12:17 PM   #97
Reads a lot

2017 30' Classic
Titusville , Florida
Paratus , so good to hear you had nice showers. You know, taking a nice hot shower isn't something we think too much about until ya can't. I know for a fact that JC had been telling Classic owners that 12 minutes shower was not possible, at least that was the case as recently as last month. Maybe the forum has allowed them the opportunity to change their mind about that. I know of at least 12 2017 Classic owners that are getting 10+ minutes of hot showers. Some got lucky and had the proper set up to start with from excellent dealers, some learned how to do it from here and another just kept tinkering until he got it (he wasn't a forum member).

She Believed She Could so She Did.
kendrick.l.j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 01:31 PM   #98
Half a Rivet Short

2017 30' Classic
Carlisle , Pennsylvania
Hi

I haven't run a stop watch on the shower process. We don't have a problem with the two of us running back to back showers. I've lived in apartments where that was an issue .... Once we got it to the "not a problem" stage we moved on to more important things (like how do you get a full case of beer in the fridge ...)

Water temperature out of the "shore" varies a bit. The same is true of the water temperature in your fresh water tank. You *could* be rumbling down the road with 34F water in the tank. Most well water will be in the 50 to 60 degree range. Water in a big tank in the sun is very much a "who knows" kind of thing depending on the season and sun exposure.

Bob
uncle_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2017, 08:50 PM   #99
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
My husband took his first shower in the AS today with hot water. Shaved with water from the faucet and we did dishes without heating water on the stove. One flip of a valve and all seem to be working. Too bad it took 6 weeks to figure this out. That one valve is very well hidden. And we learned that the panel under the dinette seat comes off so you can see it at all. Now on to the next thing...
Old 09-18-2017, 05:27 AM   #100
Obviously-NOT

2017 30' Classic
Kalispell , Montana
Hoo yah next thing. Congrats!