Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Water Heaters, Filters & Pumps
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-17-2018, 03:11 PM   #181
4 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Cumberland , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyet View Post
Since all the valves seem to be in different positions (and they are open ) I can’t tell if this last one is open when the knob is spun left. Again, I get hot water but only 4 minutes worth.
The software and.correct cable and pin were swapped out at JC in November. Still does not call up shower boost or change gas or electrical settings on the actual ALDE panel. It fixed the lighting and the various heat and cooling sources from competing with each other though. And for a short while showed propane tank levels. That’s gone again.
That doesn't sound good. Did everything work at JC when they got done? Did you buy your unit at Airstream of Virginia? Our instructions for the Alde panel under the sink was not to touch it, but of course I did. I hope to get a better explanation of who these two interact when I pick our unit up from getting serviced.
Airhead2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 09:58 AM   #182
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
Send a message via Yahoo to Kyet
I bought the unit in New Jersey. I watched them swap out the panel but we were so interested in the lighting (because at that point the outdoor lighting had a mind of it's own) that when that and heating seemed to work well we moved onto the next thing. And then the next thing. Big things. Also temps were below freezing and the unit was winterized.
Kyet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2018, 03:31 AM   #183
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
I bought the unit in New Jersey. I watched them swap out the panel but we were so interested in the lighting (because at that point the outdoor lighting had a mind of it's own) that when that and heating seemed to work well we moved onto the next thing. And then the next thing. Big things. Also temps were below freezing and the unit was winterized.

I have not yet got the panel changed out in my 2018, but if you are not sure about that valve under the seat whether it is open or not, I would move it into a different position. My husband was actually the one that got under the table to look at it and it took a number of tries to get it to move since it was at such an awkward angle, but when we got the knob lined up with the pipe, we had hot water when before we had less hot water than you are describing. It was not hot enough for my liking, but now that we had continuous hot water, now it made sense to calibrate the mixing valve. After doing that, we were able to get the heater temp to 163 and the sanitary temp to 153.
ajwbarnard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 11:08 AM   #184
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Why can't i unsubscribe from this thread? I go thru the process and keep getting emails.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2018, 10:27 PM   #185
Rivet Master

2007 22' International CCD
Corona , California
Go to your “subscribed” list on a computer, find the thread, and select ‘no emails’ or just unsubscribe completely
2012 shortbed CrewMax 4x4 Toyota Tacoma TV with more antennae on it.
rmkrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 03:20 AM   #186
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
Did that move of the nozzle get you more than 4 minutes of Hot water?
Old 01-24-2018, 03:40 AM   #187
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
Did that move of the nozzle get you more than 4 minutes of Hot water?

We didn’t have 4 min of hot water, we had more like less than a minute of lukewarm water. When the valve was opened, we now had warm water any time the faucet/shower called for it. We did not get the temperature of hot water that we wanted without calibrating the mixing valve. Once we did that, we had the right temperature for as long as the shower boost lasted for showering. Sink temperature was fine without the shower boost. Do you have the calibration instructions? I have them somewhere. But I can’t seem to figure out how to attach anything here except photos. But I think they are on the much ado about Alde post.
Old 01-24-2018, 10:36 PM   #188
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
I do have the directions plus a dealer and JC has tried. If I’m plugged in I have the little bit of warm water. I’m here in Arizona with a T@B rally, they all have had ALDES as long as I did (4 years or more) and they like myself before never had any problem whether on shore power or boondocking. Does anyone have suggestions for a repair shop in Phoenix? Apparently Scottsdale doesn’t do repairs. Just spent 2 weeks in the desert. I can deal with no shower ( yeah, oh well) but my batteries do not hold a charge at all either. That was a no go. Solar and generator could not make it happen. My group went on to Mexico. I gave up and joined my old T@B friends in a campground with power. Literally, I give up. I have a lemon.
Old 01-25-2018, 02:55 AM   #189
3 Rivet Member

2018 30' Classic
New York , New York
Quote:
I do have the directions plus a dealer and JC has tried. If I’m plugged in I have the little bit of warm water. I’m here in Arizona with a T@B rally, they all have had ALDES as long as I did (4 years or more) and they like myself before never had any problem whether on shore power or boondocking. Does anyone have suggestions for a repair shop in Phoenix? Apparently Scottsdale doesn’t do repairs. Just spent 2 weeks in the desert. I can deal with no shower ( yeah, oh well) but my batteries do not hold a charge at all either. That was a no go. Solar and generator could not make it happen. My group went on to Mexico. I gave up and joined my old T@B friends in a campground with power. Literally, I give up. I have a lemon.

I spent the first six weeks with no hot water. My dealer’s service guy thought the mixing valve was broken and ordered a new one because doing something to the mixing valve with water going through the #1 valve didn’t change things. JC customer service didn’t have anything to help. And you are saying both the dealer and JC have physically looked at your system and can’t figure out the problem? Because I would think that someone somewhere should be able to diagnose the issue. I was lucky that someone on this post actually had the exact same symptoms and told me what to try. I was disappointed that he had learned that from JC customer service and that customer service hadn’t gave me the same information. It seems like they would have a list somewhere. “If this is happening, this has been successful in fixing it” that is shared with all customer service reps. I went back and looked at my posts again. Post #81 shows what valve #1 under the dinette looked like when my hot water was not working. It appears that it was photographed from above because the flooring is showing. The lever of the valve is pointing up and had to be pushed to be flat or on its side in order to open the valve. I am spatially challenged to visualize the valve and the water pipe that is not visible. It is pretty clear on the 3 valves in the front what is open and closed. I think you said your was to the left. So maybe it is open. But it is also possible that since the water pipe itself is not visible that the way the valve is installed on the pipe that it is closed. Because our closed valve was oriented in an entirely different direction than the visible valves in the front where it was easy to tell if the lever lined up with the flow of the water or not.

I feel for you. It is so frustrating to have such a nice trailer and spent so much and it not work. I don’t have any suggestions on repair people, but I would make someone fix it or make it good with a different trailer.