Old 11-17-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' International
Gaffney , South Carolina
Water Heater shut off valves

On my 2016 Int'l 25 FB the manual says the shut off valves for the water heater are accessed through the outside storage door. There is a drain valve there, draining the HW heater but it is the only one. I removed the plywood panel between the storage compartment and the water heater. The hot and cold lines run behind it but there are no cut off valves. I've looked in the bathroom cabinet and there are none and no access.

Could the valves have been omitted at the factory? Are they somewhere else?

Thanks for any help.

DT57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:32 AM   #2
1 Rivet Member

2016 25' International
Gaffney , South Carolina
Smile

AH, found it! In the BR there is a cabinet adjacent to the bathroom, the bottom compartment has a back panel that is snapped in by plastic clips. Its behind that panel.

DT57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2016, 08:38 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Sounds odd - hopefully someone with teh same model and year trailer will comment.

In my trailer the only valve accessed from outside the trailer is the HW tank drain valve (It was originally just a pipe plug but I replaced the plug with a valve becasue the pluf was hard to access due to the position of the gas burner piping.

The three valves associated with bypassing the HW tank (in/out/bypass) are accessed from inside the trailer - in my case in the cabinet below the bathroom vanity. You couldn't miss them, they are in the piping just a couple of inches from the HW tank body.

I don't understand the logic for putting them elsewhere.

I do know that some trailer manufacturer's do not equip their trailers with HW bypass valves as manufactured, and you can buy aftermarket kits to install them.

Not sure if AS ever does that.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote