Old 05-28-2005, 10:18 AM   #29

My '66 Safari has a problem with the water heater also. The control unit does not work and the burner assembly needs replacement. It is a Bowen with a Honeywell control.
Does any one know where to get these parts?
I understand that there is some major modifications if you go with a new atwood water heater.

Old 10-23-2005, 01:40 PM   #30
Rivet Master

1965 17' Caravel
Butte , Montana
Send a message via MSN to C Johnson Send a message via Yahoo to C Johnson
Quote:
Originally Posted by john wilson
My '66 Safari has a problem with the water heater also. The control unit does not work and the burner assembly needs replacement. It is a Bowen with a Honeywell control.
Does any one know where to get these parts?
I understand that there is some major modifications if you go with a new atwood water heater.
Hi John, To answer your question. The Burner tube itself is obsolete. I did find one at an RV heating and A/C outfit. Lucky me ! If the Burner tube is ok, you can put a new thermocouple/pilot light assy. on pretty easily. The control is still available. It is not specific to Bowen. I have a newer control on my old Bowen. Go to an appliance repair shop that works on gas appliances. Take the old control with you. They oughta be able to match it up with a new one.

Life is a journey, not a destination
C Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote