Old 09-24-2008, 01:42 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member

1966 28' Ambassador
1965 30' Sovereign
1972 31' Sovereign
rutherfordton , North Carolina
water heater 72 sovereign, info please

I hate asking this but i hope patience will reign. The pump under the sink in this model...is it for pumping cold water from the tank or is it for hot water from the heater? Where does one turn it on? Is it run through the converter? I ask these questions because I do not uderstand the mechanism for transferring hot water from that small tank to thne faucet...it is obviously not pushed through the hw tank via a land connection or i would have water in both faucets, yes? Guess I just need to understand the water system better. Nother problem...the interior lights have quit, the radio, etc....is this the converter? AC works, outlets, etc
any help appreciated
Lance

Old 09-25-2008, 01:17 PM   #2

1976 31' Sovereign
Ozark , Missouri
Lance: I'm currently remodeling our 1976 31' Sovereign with a rear bath. The water pump pumps cold water from the water tank to all faucets, shower and the water heater. It is supposed to kick on when you turn on a faucet or flush the toilet if you're not hooked up to city water... I think. You may check the in-line fuse on the red wire to the pump. There is supposed to be a 50 amp fuse that the converter positive cable must connect to. Check it. The converter may not be working if the interior lights and your water pump don't work. I just replaced my converter for a new one. The original still works although it's heavier than the new one. I replaced the 12 volt panel with a new one the will give me more low voltage circuits. I hope this helps.

Old 09-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #3
Rivet Master

1976 31' Sovereign
ozark , Missouri
WOW.. I'm impressed with your answer! Great job..
Quote:
Originally Posted by pullintin View Post
Lance: I'm currently remodeling our 1976 31' Sovereign with a rear bath. The water pump pumps cold water from the water tank to all faucets, shower and the water heater. It is supposed to kick on when you turn on a faucet or flush the toilet if you're not hooked up to city water... I think. You may check the in-line fuse on the red wire to the pump. There is supposed to be a 50 amp fuse that the converter positive cable must connect to. Check it. The converter may not be working if the interior lights and your water pump don't work. I just replaced my converter for a new one. The original still works although it's heavier than the new one. I replaced the 12 volt panel with a new one the will give me more low voltage circuits. I hope this helps.
76sovereign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:51 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1971 25' Tradewind
1993 34' Excella
Currently Looking...
Estancia , New Mexico
Yes to the above, The 12v water pump pumps from the fresh water tank into the system. Towards the rear of the trailer is a check valve that basicly lets city water in and keeps the tanked water from being pumped out. The water pump switch is on the master control panel in the front of the trailer. It is fused with the other 12v fuses in or near the Univolt.