Old 05-05-2010, 06:49 PM   #15
Rivet Master

1976 25' Caravanner
Vintage Kin Owner
Campton , New Hampshire
That makes sense , on my older unit there is no "use' switch for the battery.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:50 PM   #16
More than one rivet loose

Currently Looking...
Keymar , Maryland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al - K4GLU View Post
The water pump will not backfill your fresh water tank unless it is defective. Had that problem with this trailer when I first got it - after I was hooked up to city water for a few hours water would start dribbling out of the fresh water overflow. Pump was replaced by Airstream. I've left mine on accidentally several times when hooked up to city water and it doesn't seem to hurt a thing.
I had that problem too. I installed a check valve just past the water pump so it never sees city water pressure.

Looking for a 1962 Flying Cloud

thecatsandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 PM   #17
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al - K4GLU View Post
I've left mine on accidentally several times when hooked up to city water and it doesn't seem to hurt a thing.
My manual states that the water pump may be be turned on to augment the water flow if city water pressure is low. I tested this and it does work as advertised (at least until you drain your tank).

regards,
Ken
Old 05-06-2010, 08:58 AM   #18
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Break Away Switch

I don't have a new AS, but I would think the Break Away switch would be connected to the House (Trailer) battery with no way to disable it. If you are on the road and lose your trailer (heaven forbid) and you have your break away switch disabled it kind of defeats the purpose of having it. I have never heard of this USE switch. What is its function?
Old 05-06-2010, 09:37 AM   #19
Don't forget your cat nap

Port Orchard , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG Twinkie View Post
I don't have a new AS, but I would think the Break Away switch would be connected to the House (Trailer) battery with no way to disable it. If you are on the road and lose your trailer (heaven forbid) and you have your break away switch disabled it kind of defeats the purpose of having it. I have never heard of this USE switch. What is its function?
That is the way the break away switch is wired on my 2010 trailer. It is always conected to the battery.

The switch in question (store - use) is one of various names and types of switches that serve the function of isolating the battery from the loads in the trailer to reduce battery drain when the trailer is not in use.

hope that helps,

Ken