Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #1
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Trouble finding Moen faucet filter ???

I'm having trouble finding a replacement for the Moen filter that is inside the faucet head. It should be a microbic-5000. I purchased a couple awhile ago but having trouble finding them today. Some websites indicate that they are discontinued but no information on a compatable replacement filter.

Anybody else having issue locating these filters ???
Faucet cannot be used without it.

Thanks all,

" Democracy is the worst form of government. Except for all the rest"
Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

polarlyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2010 25' FB Flying Cloud
Davenport , Iowa
Moen 9500/choice flow 9501 filter; I bought mine thru FILTERS FOR HOME. They are about $35.00 and mailed direct to home.
mike
Airtandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarlyse View Post
I'm having trouble finding a replacement for the Moen filter that is inside the faucet head. It should be a microbic-5000. I purchased a couple awhile ago but having trouble finding them today. Some websites indicate that they are discontinued but no information on a compatable replacement filter.

Anybody else having issue locating these filters ???
Faucet cannot be used without it.

Thanks all,

Just curious to know what you mean by "Faucet cannot be used without it." I believe we have the same filter, but don't really use it. They few times we have tried it, the light still flashes green indicating is is still ok, but we don't use it anyway!

I have run plumbing antifreeze through it each year and after a couple of years, I read someplace on this forum that would ruin it - don't know it that is true or not!

The main reason we don't use it is that I wouldn't trust it without putting in a new one! I did check the price once and it seemed quite expensive, so we just use bottled water for drinking / cooking - or buy R.O. water and keep in the truck in a 5 gallon container.

I am interpreting your comment to mean that if we took the filter out and threw it away without replacing it, that we would not be able to use the faucet at all without it leaking everywhere - maybe that is what you mean? If so, why not just leave the old filter in place but not used, or is it long gone?

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:53 PM   #4
3 Rivet Member

2004 28' Classic
austin , Texas
I ordered earlier this year directly from the Moen website for our 2004 Classic. My recollection is that the website told me what to get. Our manual says you can bypass the filter.
Ntex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 06:56 PM   #5
Rivet Master

2005 39' Land Yacht 390 XL 396
Common Sense , Texas
I get them from Amazon.
Old 09-23-2013, 07:11 AM   #6
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
Hi Brian, Yes that's what I meant. I still have the used one so the faucet is usable but I was looking for a replacement. We also have a whole house filter installed and that one I can get easily it's the Moen one I'm having trouble finding. I will check today with the local plumbing supply where they sell Moen stuff and see if they can get one or tell me what I can replace it with.

Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

Old 09-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #7
retired USA/USAF

2001 30' Excella
Somerset , New Jersey
I went to my local plumbing supply and was told that Moen had discontinued this filter. A call to Moen tells me that they have discontinued making any filtering faucets and have offered to replace mine with one that looks very similar but non-filtering for approx. $55. They list it at $430. but you can get it at discount suppliers for much less. Anyhow, the Moen deal is pretty good so that's my route.

Thanks all,

Winston Churchill 1948

TAC - NJ 18

Old 10-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #8
3 Rivet Member

2006 Safari SE
Los Alamitos , California
Hi: Polarlyse, did you intall the new faucet yourself. Moen also sent us a new faucet for 55.00, however the faucet we picked which was close to the dimensions of the Moen faucet was around 200.00. They did say we could have chosen any faucet we chose.

Thanks, Robert
OpenHigher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 08:40 AM   #9
CHIEF THINGAMAJIG FIXER

1964 26' Overlander
bugtussel , South Carolina
moen filter

5 min search turned up 1 on ebay for 23.00. You can exchange the 3000 series or the 1000 series filters per Moen support.
Bugtussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 10:50 AM   #10
Rivet Master

1972 27' Overlander
Denver , North Carolina
My Moen story: I renovating a 72 Overlander, and am using most everything that came out of it. The shower diverter is a Moen and a replacement would be $115.00. Moen has an 800 number on their website and are around on Saturdays. I called and later that week I had a replacement cartridge for my 40 year old diverter. It works like new again and cost me $27.00 with the installation tool. These people are great to deal with.

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums

Lucky Dave, Denver NC
mccrosti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 10:14 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
I got my Moen filters from Amazon. A two pack was less than single filters every where else I found them.

Do you know what a learning experience is? A learning experience is one of those things that says "You know that thing that you just did? Don't do that."
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote