Old 08-05-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
2005 25' International CCD
Jamaica Plain , Massachusetts
Trouble debugging my water pump

My factory-issued SHURflo pump started leaking last winter after an accidental freeze. I'm having trouble figuring out how to fix it. I see where the water is coming out, but when I open it up there's nothing obviously broken (see attached photos). Any ideas? Thanks everybody!

This is my model:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0555annotated.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	258.5 KB
ID:	65140   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0557.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	222.1 KB
ID:	65141  

Simoneau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:57 AM   #2
Rivet Master
Commercial Member
Currently Looking...
Naples, FL , Hood River, OR
The water in the pump that froze quite possibly tore the diaphrams (3 lobes attached to the motor). There are re-build kits available for these, but I might suggest a swap-out for the newer Shur-Flo Extreme Sensor 4.0 variable speed pump. These are currently the best on the market, and the Airstream factory seems to think highly of them the now use them in the new trailers.

Lew Farber...RVIA Certified Master Tech...ABYC Certified Master Marine Electrician
lewster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:10 PM   #3
1 Rivet Member
2005 25' International CCD
Jamaica Plain , Massachusetts
Thanks for taking a look, Lew. Since the water was just coming out of the piece attached on the left, it thought it might be as easy as replacing that or maybe the diaphragm between it and the rest of the unit. No such luck, eh?
Simoneau is offline   Reply With Quote