Old 07-04-2018, 08:14 AM   #71
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Hi keweenawbee,

We're very sorry to learn about the issue with your door. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.

Old 07-04-2018, 08:46 AM   #72
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
lafayette , Colorado
Totally agree. Besides the water heater issues I have been screwing screws, fixing latches, rechaulking the shower for theee months. This is my first AS. I wonder from the long time owners if this has always been a trait of AS or are we seeing a downward turn in quality? I would hate to see that happen with such a well respected brand.

cmonnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 12:45 PM   #73
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Forestburg , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi Msherw,

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you have had. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team.

Thank you.
I have already contacted AS customer service directly and been taken care of. Thanks for the offer.
Ham Radio Call sign K5FT
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 03:31 PM   #74
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
eden prairie , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonnette View Post
Totally agree. Besides the water heater issues I have been screwing screws, fixing latches, rechaulking the shower for theee months. This is my first AS. I wonder from the long time owners if this has always been a trait of AS or are we seeing a downward turn in quality? I would hate to see that happen with such a well respected brand.
Not sure if I read it here but somewhere I read that the AS emphasis is to get the product out. Maybe that is why they increased the warranty to three years as it will take them that long to get you in and taken care of.
keweenawbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:55 PM   #75
4 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Morristown , Tennessee
I just joined the hot water heater does not light club. Is there an Atwood patch or secret handshake? A Dinosaur eating a circuit board? Will troubleshoot tomorrow.
WBCCI #6679
Acheron2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 05:04 AM   #76
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Forestburg , Texas
Yes. Assuming you have LP and the water heater is an Atwood, the best thing to do is get a Dino board on order now. Otherwise you lose 1-2 years off your life in anxiety, marital distress, and anger installing replacement OEM boards.

http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Ignitor_boards.htm

Secret password is HELP
Ham Radio Call sign K5FT
Old 07-12-2018, 11:51 AM   #77
4 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Morristown , Tennessee
Let me give an attaboy to CoachNet. They found me a mobile RV tech certified to work on Atwood, came to the campground, properly diagnosed and replaced a bad HW heater circuit board, and it was all covered.
Sweet.
WBCCI #6679
Old 07-13-2018, 12:27 PM   #78
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Forestburg , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron2010 View Post
Let me give an attaboy to CoachNet. They found me a mobile RV tech certified to work on Atwood, came to the campground, properly diagnosed and replaced a bad HW heater circuit board, and it was all covered.
Sweet.
Be advised. I lost 4 boards under warranty before I gave up and bought the Dino. We had two delivered to our campsites as well. Hereís hoping your single failure is your last one. Even warranty repair gets to be a pain after #3 failure.

AS has a huge problem with the Atwood. The WH failure is mentioned in other forums and threads. Are you listening Airstream?
Ham Radio Call sign K5FT
Old 07-14-2018, 05:02 AM   #79
4 Rivet Member

2019 26' Flying Cloud
Morristown , Tennessee
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msherw View Post
Be advised. I lost 4 boards under warranty before I gave up and bought the Dino. We had two delivered to our campsites as well. Hereís hoping your single failure is your last one. Even warranty repair gets to be a pain after #3 failure.

AS has a huge problem with the Atwood. The WH failure is mentioned in other forums and threads. Are you listening Airstream?
I can neither confirm nor deny that on the day the mobile RV tech arrived, so di UPS with a spare Dino board, "just in case." Two is one and one is none.
WBCCI #6679
Old 07-15-2018, 09:33 PM   #80
3 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
eden prairie , Minnesota
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acheron2010 View Post
I can neither confirm nor deny that on the day the mobile RV tech arrived, so di UPS with a spare Dino board, "just in case." Two is one and one is none.
Something kind of weird happened the other day. This package arrived and the tracking said it came from Adventure RV in Iowa who are affiliated with Naperville Airstream. I had assumed that they felt guilty and Fedexed me a replacement board. Remember they are the ones that asked me to film a video of the board not working before they would allow me to send my faulty board back to them for a replacement. They also said that techs never come to you in the field and that you had to get the trailer to them for a repair.

But it was just the trailer's title anyway that came in that package. I have not got one followup call from my selling dealer in Chicago. They know they sent me away with a faulty board as it never worked once for me after delivery.

Fortunately I have gotten a few calls/messages from Airstream directly.
keweenawbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #81
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
lafayette , Colorado
failed boards guess what failed? Yep, the tongue jack. It failed right on the dealer's lot and the dealer had to keep it overnight to replace that as well. Apparently, the only other item in the trailer made by Atwood is the furnace. Wonder how long before that goes as well.

So after less than 4 months of ownership, I have made more trips to the dealer than I have camping trips. Really, this is what $70K gets you these days?

I can tell you one thing. Next time someone asks me about my Airstream, you know what I am going to tell them. In fact, why wait for them to ask. Airstream, are you listening?
cmonnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:57 AM   #82
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Forestburg , Texas
Quote:
failed boards guess what failed? Yep, the tongue jack. It failed right on the dealer's lot and the dealer had to keep it overnight to replace that as well. Apparently, the only other item in the trailer made by Atwood is the furnace. Wonder how long before that goes as well.

So after less than 4 months of ownership, I have made more trips to the dealer than I have camping trips. Really, this is what $70K gets you these days?

I can tell you one thing. Next time someone asks me about my Airstream, you know what I am going to tell them. In fact, why wait for them to ask. Airstream, are you listening?
I hear you. Atwood is owned by Dometic now. So itís Dometic who needs to Ďfixí the quality issues with Atwood under pressure from Airstream and other RV and boat manufacturers. I agree you do have other possible failure points in your AS but donít borrow trouble till it happens. Our Dometic refrigerator is working well as is our furnace which we were forced to use as we are on a trip in upper Michigan with temps in low 40ís. (Left Texas in the 100ís).

Donít let the quality of the add on equipment dent your opinion of Airstream. They are a sweet ride with a lot of character. I rarely stop for gas on a trip where I donít get a few lookyloos asking questions. The AS is the gold standard in the RV world. Thatís why we were willing to spend more for them.

PS our Dino board has delivered 4000 miles of hot showers now. Could not be happier.
Ham Radio Call sign K5FT
Old 07-18-2018, 08:17 AM   #83
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:

Hi cmonnette,

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you have had. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can escalate it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #84
1 Rivet Member

forked river , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by keweenawbee View Post
This may be old news, the dealers I have been speaking to that are out of stock of the 22fb are saying the wait until mid-July for a 2019 will be worth it as the warranty has been upped to 3 years parts and labor.

Anyone heard of any improvements to the 2019 (Dinosaur igniter boards lol?)
Nope. I have a 2019 22 sport . Water heater circuit board failed on my 3rd trip. I'm on board #2.

gcstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote