Old 07-17-2018, 08:15 PM   #81
2 Rivet Member

2018 27' Flying Cloud
lafayette , Colorado
failed boards guess what failed? Yep, the tongue jack. It failed right on the dealer's lot and the dealer had to keep it overnight to replace that as well. Apparently, the only other item in the trailer made by Atwood is the furnace. Wonder how long before that goes as well.

So after less than 4 months of ownership, I have made more trips to the dealer than I have camping trips. Really, this is what $70K gets you these days?

I can tell you one thing. Next time someone asks me about my Airstream, you know what I am going to tell them. In fact, why wait for them to ask. Airstream, are you listening?

cmonnette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 06:57 AM   #82
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonnette View Post
failed boards guess what failed? Yep, the tongue jack. It failed right on the dealer's lot and the dealer had to keep it overnight to replace that as well. Apparently, the only other item in the trailer made by Atwood is the furnace. Wonder how long before that goes as well.

So after less than 4 months of ownership, I have made more trips to the dealer than I have camping trips. Really, this is what $70K gets you these days?

I can tell you one thing. Next time someone asks me about my Airstream, you know what I am going to tell them. In fact, why wait for them to ask. Airstream, are you listening?
I hear you. Atwood is owned by Dometic now. So itís Dometic who needs to Ďfixí the quality issues with Atwood under pressure from Airstream and other RV and boat manufacturers. I agree you do have other possible failure points in your AS but donít borrow trouble till it happens. Our Dometic refrigerator is working well as is our furnace which we were forced to use as we are on a trip in upper Michigan with temps in low 40ís. (Left Texas in the 100ís).

Donít let the quality of the add on equipment dent your opinion of Airstream. They are a sweet ride with a lot of character. I rarely stop for gas on a trip where I donít get a few lookyloos asking questions. The AS is the gold standard in the RV world. Thatís why we were willing to spend more for them.

PS our Dino board has delivered 4000 miles of hot showers now. Could not be happier.

WBCCI #18673 - of Texas group
Msherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:17 AM   #83
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonnette View Post

Hi cmonnette,

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you have had. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can escalate it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at customer_support@airstream.com

Thank you.
Old 09-05-2018, 03:45 PM   #84
1 Rivet Member

forked river , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by keweenawbee View Post
This may be old news, the dealers I have been speaking to that are out of stock of the 22fb are saying the wait until mid-July for a 2019 will be worth it as the warranty has been upped to 3 years parts and labor.

Anyone heard of any improvements to the 2019 (Dinosaur igniter boards lol?)
Nope. I have a 2019 22 sport . Water heater circuit board failed on my 3rd trip. I'm on board #2.
gcstreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 04:13 PM   #85
1 Rivet Member

forked river , Arizona
I'm glad I joined this forum. I see I'm not the only one with quality control issues. So far on my 22 sport , I've had a leaky front window, broken support over water heater wood access door, the famous water heater circuit board failure, water puddle by the toilet..that's inside. Outside, all rubber gaskets on hoses entering the coach on the underbelly have come free and just dangle from the hoses. I can see daylight through the floor in the closet, If i lift the bottom access port. I think i have a faulty propane regulator, and I've found random shards of plywood falling out from between layers of the black underbelly, i think it's the "banana peel". And this is a brand new 2019 sport. Used 3 times. Needless to say, i have an appointment coming up .......in 3 months..
Old 09-08-2018, 05:50 PM   #86
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcstreamer View Post
I'm glad I joined this forum. I see I'm not the only one with quality control issues. So far on my 22 sport , I've had a leaky front window, broken support over water heater wood access door, the famous water heater circuit board failure, water puddle by the toilet..that's inside. Outside, all rubber gaskets on hoses entering the coach on the underbelly have come free and just dangle from the hoses. I can see daylight through the floor in the closet, If i lift the bottom access port. I think i have a faulty propane regulator, and I've found random shards of plywood falling out from between layers of the black underbelly, i think it's the "banana peel". And this is a brand new 2019 sport. Used 3 times. Needless to say, i have an appointment coming up .......in 3 months..
Keep the faith GCS. The AS is a good buy. Imagine if you had bought a big box (of rocks) from those other guys. Most of their workers must be drunk.

A few fixes and your AS will be 100% and you will know it inside and out. Donít rely on the dealer unless you want to wait 3-6 months. Just fill in the gaps, tighten the loose hardware and ďStream OnĒ(R).
Old 09-09-2018, 02:03 PM   #87
1 Rivet Member

forked river , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msherw View Post
Keep the faith GCS. The AS is a good buy. Imagine if you had bought a big box (of rocks) from those other guys. Most of their workers must be drunk.

A few fixes and your AS will be 100% and you will know it inside and out. Donít rely on the dealer unless you want to wait 3-6 months. Just fill in the gaps, tighten the loose hardware and ďStream OnĒ(R).
Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I'm all in with airstream. I was just a little disappointed with all these issues right out of the box. I'm confident these problems will be fixed , and the good will far outweigh the bad. Thanks for the encouragement !
Old 09-10-2018, 09:16 AM   #88
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcstreamer View Post
Hi gcstreamer,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. We know you have an appointment, but if there is anything we can assist with please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
Old 09-10-2018, 10:01 AM   #89
1 Rivet Member

forked river , Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi gcstreamer,*

We're very sorry to learn about the issues you are having. We know you have an appointment, but if there is anything we can assist with please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

You can also reach Airstream Customer Service and Technical Support at*customer_support@airstream.com*

Thank you.*
Ok , thank you.
Old 09-10-2018, 06:06 PM   #90
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
im waiting 4 months now to get my $$ back for the 3rd atwood HW board failure. i called AS support and they were no help

I bought the dinosaur UIB64 board and it works 100% of the time.

I told AS support, they said they are still using Atwood boards . bad call from AS
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	dinosaur  uib64 and old atwood board.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	232.5 KB
ID:	322159   Click image for larger version

Name:	dinosaur uib64 water heater board.JPG
Views:	59
Size:	136.8 KB
ID:	322160  

Click image for larger version

Name:	dinosaur  UIB64 cover.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	185.1 KB
ID:	322161  
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 11:46 AM   #91
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by waninae39 View Post
im waiting 4 months now to get my $$ back for the 3rd atwood HW board failure. i called AS support and they were no help

I bought the dinosaur UIB64 board and it works 100% of the time.

I told AS support, they said they are still using Atwood boards . bad call from AS
Waninae,

Private Message me. I'll tell you how to get AS to pay for the Dino board. Not sure why you can't get the Atwood board paid as Atwood should have sent it n/c.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:03 PM   #92
2 Rivet Member

2018 20' Flying Cloud
Nashville , Tennessee
Add another water heater circuit board failure to the list. Trailer is a 2018 20' Flying Cloud. Going to skip the drama and order the dino board. I don't have the time or patients to deal with warranties and AS.........Thank goodness for the info on this forum.
Nate L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #93
Airstream Ambassador

Jackson Center , Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate L View Post
Add another water heater circuit board failure to the list. Trailer is a 2018 20' Flying Cloud. Going to skip the drama and order the dino board. I don't have the time or patients to deal with warranties and AS.........Thank goodness for the info on this forum.
Hi Nate L,*

We're very sorry to learn about this issue. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 10-13-2018, 01:50 PM   #94
2 Rivet Member

2018 20' Flying Cloud
Nashville , Tennessee
I did this before when my door was leaking and never heard anything back so please don't waste my time. I fixed it myself.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirstreamInc View Post
Hi Nate L,*

We're very sorry to learn about this issue. Please send us a direct message with your contact information and the last 6 digits of your VIN so we can share it with our Customer Service and Technical Support team. We look forward to helping you get this resolved.

Thank you.*
Old 10-13-2018, 10:44 PM   #95
Rivet Master

2017 22' Sport
NCR , Ontario
hi naate

i did the same

i wasted way too much time with AS and dometic; even though mine is still under wuarantee

still waiting after 6 months for a refund from dometic after they LOST the board i returned to them
waninae39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2018, 02:51 PM   #96
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
A Dino board update:

We finally replaced our 4th OEM Atwood board with a Dino back in May??. Never have had to take a cold shower or heat water on the stove to wash dishes.

If you persist in getting OEM board replacements, (like I did 4 times) you delay the inevitable. Just do it. Buy the Dino and be happy. Small price to pay.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:07 AM   #97
2 Rivet Member

2018 20' Flying Cloud
Nashville , Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate L View Post
Dino board installed. Very simple plug and play. Fired right up and working great. Has anyone had a Dino board fail on them yet?
Old 10-20-2018, 06:17 PM   #98
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
The Dino is a top tier striker board made under exacting manufacturing techniques. I talked to them and found the board was designed and manufactured by a group that at one time made specialty OEM boards for the Jet Propulsion Lab (JPL). Thus the board is likely made to MIL-spec. even though it didn't need to reach that level.

If you buy a Dino board you will have a level of electronics that will likely outlast the water heater itself (and maybe even the owner).
Old 10-25-2018, 03:27 PM   #99
2 Rivet Member

2017 Basecamp
2019 22' Sport
Roswell , Georgia
On my maiden voyage with brand new 2019 Sport 22- 3rd day in, no hot water; Southland RV came to my campground to replace the Atwood board; so depressing after spending 1 1/2 yrs with multiple issues with a 2017 Basecamp. Love my Sport but I need this to ALL work!
KayakGa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 12:29 PM   #100
4 Rivet Member

2018 22' Sport
Blue Sky Ranch , Texas
I noticed the Admin moved this post to a broader sub. That's good. I had been reading so many other threads that appeared in other subs and it is likely the Atwood problem on any AS can be solved by the Dinosaur board. So I post the location for everyone.

http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/Ignitor_boards.htm