Old 12-03-2004, 07:36 AM   #15
2 Rivet Member
I had the same problem and found the ECO had shot.
Mine is a Atwood gas/electric 10 gal model and the first time I used both 120v and gas at the same time the ECO blew.
I called Atwood and asked if there was a higher temp rated ECO avalible and they,of course, said send the water heater back in or take it to a dealer.
Their stance is "make as much as you can off the consumer".
If I had done what they said I would have been out $150+ and the darn ECO would just blow again as soon as I used the 120/gas combo 'cause they only make them to blow at 180 degrees plus or minus 20 DEGREES.

Flame me or not........I bypassed the thing and it has been working great for 5 years..........after all it does have a pressure valve on it.

Mike76251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2005, 12:56 PM   #16
I am back again and I am pleased to say that my pilot light will now stay lit. Thank you all for your help and suggestions. I have not been living in the trailor because I moved into my new house. I winterized the trailor and forgot about it for a few months except for when I had to remove snow off it. Thank God for the Snow Hoe.
I replaced the whole assembly including the thermocouple and pilot supply tubing from Atwood. That did the trick. I am glad that I didn't have to replace the control. That would have been a pain. It seems that the pilot supply has a microscopic pinhole that gets clogged after a while. It cost me about 23 dollars and two trips to Reno.

Mike Callaha is offline   Reply With Quote