My SHURflo 4900 - 0201 was making way too much noise and not delivering a steady stream, so I replaced it with a SHURflo 4008-101-E65. Can't get it to fully pressurize when off of city water, it just runs and runs. Really strange part is everytime I open a faucet it's spitting air and water no matter how long I run it, and then when I close it the hot water heater sounds as it its refilling. Even when the sound stops, the pump stays on. Every faucet runs hot water only no matter if I have it turned to cold or hot.
Here are the steps I took:
1. Once I replaced the pump, I hooked up city water and purged all the air from each faucet (kitchen sink, bathroom sink, toilet, shower, and outside shower.
2. Opened the hot water pressure relief valve until water comes out. I've also tried leaving this valve closed when the tank is refilling.
3. Disconnected the city water
4. With a full fresh water tank, turn the pump on and opening faucets one at a time.
5. I have an Accumulator installed under the sink. New pump says no Accumulator necessary. Could this be part of the problem? There is a shutoff valve for it, tried closing it and only using other faucets, but didn't help.
Is this pump powerful enough or did I get the wrong model?
With air spitting everytime I open a faucet, is this letting the hot water tank pressure push the contents back into the rest of the system?
I'm at a loss. Thanks for your help.