Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1979 23' Safari
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
New pump for '73 Argosy

I am ready to start my project Argosy after doing my research. First up is the water system. I plane to buy a Surflow 2088 pump and an inline strainer to install tank-side of the pump. I will mount the pump on a bed of rubber to reduce any noise/vibration issues. I will them complete the circuit of Pex from the vanity through hot water heater to pump and tank. Once this is complete, I plan on installing a new Atwood dual fuel water heater.

OK. What am I missing so far?

Thanks
Greg
apltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1983 34' Excella
1967 24' Tradewind
Little Rock , Arkansas
The only things that come to mind is that the last Shurflow (a SHURflo Whisper King) I bought came with an inline strainer, so you don't need to buy one separately. It also has great isolation mounts, so I don't see the need for the bed of rubber assuming you get one with good vibration isolating mounts.

You may want to look at flexible lines from the pump to the hard plumbing to stop vibration transfer that way.

While it may sound like I'm not concerned with vibration transfer, I am. I mounted my new converter with rubber mounts. My self installed built-in subwoofer, too. I just haven't found it necessary with the SHURflow pumps, especially using flexible lines between the pump and pex.
Old 01-20-2013, 08:36 AM   #3
2 Rivet Member

1979 23' Safari
Currently Looking...
Las Cruces , New Mexico
Thanks,
I will look at the model you mentioned and had already planned on using braided flex clear water line on either side of the pump. I also like your idea for the converter.

Greg
apltrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
Take a look at the Progressive Dynamics 9245. It will be plenty for your trailer.
You can find them on eBay for just over $100.00.
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote