Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2015, 07:36 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Thanks Jim - I will go and do a search for it....
Cheers
Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Flower View Post
I installed one of these in my Safari. It worked flawlessly for 15 years. Google, "accumulator tank, Home Depot ".

8.5 in. W x 11.5 in. D x 8.5 in. H Pre-Pressurized Steel Water Expansion Tank.

I stuffed it up under the sink. Jim

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
Old 07-20-2015, 07:42 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2013 28' Flying Cloud
Central , Canada
Thanks bob - I will look into it today and get something ordered. I see there is two different sizes with that product. Any advise on what one to order? Right now I'm assuming bigger will be better?
Thanks

Doug

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post
Doug,

You can order from that site.

From the "more info" link I posted.
Click on "view & buy products" under the picture.
Scroll down & click on the catalog # you want & order.

Bob
Old 07-20-2015, 07:52 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
I have the Shurflo accumulator tank under my kitchen sink mounted vertically next to the Delta water filter. The instructions state you can place it anywhere on the plumbing system and this is the only place that was easily accessible for mounting and for winterizing. I patched it in with a T fitting. I don't think it makes my Flojet any quieter, all it does is delay when the pump starts up to build the pressure back. I can usually do a short flush and the pump won't come on. The Flojet documentation advises an accumulator is not necessary. When the pump is on and needs to build pressure it seems to take longer than what a remember before installing the accumulator.

I don't think I could put those rubber feet on my pump. It would raise the pump to where the inlet hose might not connect correctly. The Floject has clip in connections, not screw in connections. The output side is a flexible hose. Not sure if that was standard or the previous owner had it installed. My water pump is partially under the fridge and closet a real pain to get to. I can't see how I could work on the PEX pipe using the required tools to crimp new fittings if I decided to make modifications to the pump's location.

I've also wrapped foam pipe insulation around some of the PEX pipe in the water pump area to pipe that are rubbing each other or laying against other plumbing. I little bit is on the pipe going to the toilet.

Kelvin
Old 07-20-2015, 08:52 AM   #24
2 Rivet Member

Sanford , North Carolina
I have the same issue with my 27ft EB. Called Airstream dealer. He said just get some antifatigue foam mat or something similar and mount it to the floor using that. I haven't done it yet, but will here in the near future.

Another thing to note, check your shower water filter. If it is dirty it might make the pump constantly have to run. There is a video on YouTube on how to check it. Hope this helps.

Cheers, Ryan
vwklick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 09:42 AM   #25
2 Rivet Member

2008 16' Safari
Portland , Oregon
Our pump was noisy because the pipes were slaping against the side of the trailer. I attached a two foot long rubber tube to a can of rigid poly urethane insulating foam and shot foam in around the pipes where I couldn't reach. That cured it about 80 percent, then I added an accumulator. It's quiet now.
dalemonroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:20 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Picture.

Hi, here is a picture of my water pump with my home made flex hoses and my accumulator. It is very quiet and works very well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC07933RS.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	271.0 KB
ID:	243506  
YAMAHA 2400 / AIR #12144
ROBERTSUNRUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2015, 11:42 AM   #27
Rivet Master

2008 25' Classic
Full Time , Texas
Airstream designed your water pump access wrong. The pump should be further back in an out of the way place covered with heater ducts, PEX plumbing and wiring. I wish my water pump access was like yours. I have to unscrew and access panel in the cabinet under my fridge to get to my water pump.

Kelvin
Old 08-23-2015, 01:56 PM   #28
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
On our 25' Eddie Bauer, the water pump sounded like a 36" concert bass drum with a long roll being played on it.

Turns out the pump was screwed directly into the floor in the area under the hallway closet. I loosened the 4 screws holding the feet to the floor. Lifted it slightly, and slid a $2.00 black mouse pad under it and then screwed the feed back down through the mouse pad. Now, the pump is almost silent. You have to listen carefully to hear it.

A $2 mouse pad as an isolation mat. Why couldn't AS simply do this simply thing when assembling?

D
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:32 PM   #29
2 Rivet Member

Sanford , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by nashrover View Post
On our 25' Eddie Bauer, the water pump sounded like a 36" concert bass drum with a long roll being played on it.

Turns out the pump was screwed directly into the floor in the area under the hallway closet. I loosened the 4 screws holding the feet to the floor. Lifted it slightly, and slid a $2.00 black mouse pad under it and then screwed the feed back down through the mouse pad. Now, the pump is almost silent. You have to listen carefully to hear it.

A $2 mouse pad as an isolation mat. Why couldn't AS simply do this simply thing when assembling?

D
It's funny you mention that. I called Airstream service and they told me the same thing. Just put a mouse/rubber pad under it. I was like really? I said, well thanks for the info.
vwklick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 12:36 PM   #30
Lost in America

2015 27' FB International
2006 25' Safari FB SE
2004 19' International CCD
Santa Fe , New Mexico
My 2015 not only chugs but has the sound of a faint VW Bug horn. AS says that's normal, but never heard that sound on the past two AS.

2015 Airstream International Serenity 27FB
Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel

mojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #31
Rivet Master

2007 28' International CCD
Springfield , Missouri
Removed the cheap and noisy (knocking) factory pump and spent $100 on a Shurfo Revolution pump(available online or Camping World).
Took 10 mins to install,now I have a quiet pump that produces more shower pressure.

Kept the factory pump and mounted it on a board,attached some alligator clips to the wires Put clear hoses on inlet and outlet and use it to transfer fresh water out of my 8 gallon water jugs to my Airstream holding tank when boondocking.I power it with a portable jump box that I carry with me.
Moflash is offline   Reply With Quote