Old 05-02-2009, 01:48 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Jackson County , Missouri
Glad I roused this thread. I am looking at my setup and see NO check-valve around the 12v water pump. (Is it internal on the Par pump unit?) So I am learning here that I can go ahead and install said check-valve AFTER the pump. AFTER instead of before to prevent shore water from pressuring into the pump and hold-tank. (Chuck?)

Did I say this correctly? I am running out now to buy a one-way valve. (or was that two one-ways or one two-way?) I'm gonna go find that Walmart regulator also.

Back soon. <grinning>

page crow

Old 05-02-2009, 02:02 PM   #16
Rivet Master
Airstream Dealer

Corona , California
Quote:
Originally Posted by page.crow View Post
Glad I roused this thread. I am looking at my setup and see NO check-valve around the 12v water pump. (Is it internal on the Par pump unit?) So I am learning here that I can go ahead and install said check-valve AFTER the pump. AFTER instead of before to prevent shore water from pressuring into the pump and hold-tank. (Chuck?)

Did I say this correctly? I am running out now to buy a one-way valve. (or was that two one-ways or one two-way?) I'm gonna go find that Walmart regulator also.

Back soon. <grinning>

page crow
Your trailer originally had 2 check valves.

One was near the city water hookup. The other was at the output of the water pump.

Their purpose?

The one near the city water inlet, stops water from flowing out of the trailer when you run your water pump.

The one at the pump, keeps the city water pressure off the the diaphragm and valves, keeps the water lines pressurized, and stops the city water from possibly flowing back thru the pump, which would overfill the water tank, which in turn would buckle the floor permanently, big time, like a coupe of inches.

Andy

Old 05-02-2009, 02:53 PM   #17
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
yeah, Andy said it best: "output side" of the pump.

I haven't ever seen the checkvalves in any store around here; might find one at an rv supply. (mail-ordered mine).
more recently, I have seen sharkbite checkvalves on the shelf at my local Ace hardware. spendy...about 15 bucks. but they go on real easy. snap/snap, thats it-yer done. (and you can take 'em out, just as easy).

the whole thing should look like this:

city inlet>>checkvalve>>pressure regulator------fixtures----<<checkvalve--water pump----strainer----water tank
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:18 PM   #18
2 Rivet Member

1978 31' Sovereign
Jackson County , Missouri
Two strikes at two different plumbing supply places for a one-way check valve. One old dude said "Go to a RV supply place." Is that how it's gonna be? These one-way valves are only located at RV supply places? Oooooookay.

No dice on my first WalMart. (We got em on about every third corner around here. We need that many...really!) I'll check a second Wally place. (Probably find that inline pressure regulator at the same RV supply place I have to find my one-way valve, huh?) Obladee obladah

crow

Tags
water pressure regulator