Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-07-2016, 08:53 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Is my water pump broken on my 2016 flying cloud?

Matt here from the Youtube channel Streaminfreedom. Thanks for all those who watch out subscribe to our crazy life of 3 kids and my wife and I living in an airstream.

So, I'm at a loss on this one, but think I may have jacked something up bad.

I was running my sink to ad water to my grey tank when I accidentally turned off the city water line. The sink was trying to pull water but obviously didn't have any to pull. I reconnected city water. Now, it won't pull from the fresh water tank and the pressure for the city water is quite weak. No water will run in the toilet either.

There is also not that typical air pump sound you hear when running water. So I think I busted my water pump.

I checked the fuses and all are good. I've heard talk of a switch, where would that be? And where is the actual water pump located, any one have any idea on a 2016 flying cloud fb bunkhouse?

And has anyone had this problem and what was the result. We've only had it for 3 months. Thanks in advance for help.
Streaminfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:03 AM   #2
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
You don't run the water pump when connected to shore water. There should be a switch for the water pump. Check your owners manual. When connected to shore water, the inboard water tank does not come into the equation. Have you filled the onboard water tank?
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 09:09 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

2017 30' Classic
Washington , Utah
I am not sure I understand your problem but here is how I would trobleshoot.

First, turn off the water pump. Next hook up the city water supply. Make sure the water hose is attached to the fresh water inlet and not the black water flush .

Turn on the city water. Water should flow out of the faucets. If not, check to be sure the city water flows out the end of the open hose when not connected to the trailer. I have been at campgrounds where there is a vacuum breaker that needs to be closed to get water to flow.

If you know water flows at a good rate through the hose but not through the trailer then I would look for an obstruction. Also look to see if the fresh water tank is filling when the city water is on. Perhaps the check valve is not holding. Hope this helps.
RonaldC303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #4
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
Oh ok, I definitely need to figure out if there is some sort of on off for switch for the pump. So, to clarify I realize there was actually two problems confusing me. One was real simple, a kink in the city water line.

Once I figured that out, the toilet and everything ran fine, however, once I unhooked the city water. And filled up the fresh water tank, I now have no water from anywhere. So it must be the pump for the fresh water. So, any help around where your switch is, let me know. Thanks
Old 08-07-2016, 11:18 AM   #5
4 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Hartsburg , Missouri
On my 27' FC its a black toggle switch labeled pump on the panel with the tank level monitor in the kitchen wall. But as mentioned above, leave the pump off when connected to shore water.
Equalizer Hitch
fran&frank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:23 AM   #6
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
Our fresh water pump switch is on the Systems Monitor and labeled "PUMP".

(Which should be turned off when traveling and when attached to city water!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0061 Systems Monitor.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	637.5 KB
ID:	268505  
SilverGate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:28 AM   #7
Some Guy

1968 26' Overlander
2021 25' Globetrotter
Nashville , Tennessee
I suspect your pump is turned off. However, that said, we have a 2015, and occasionally the pump will be running and decide to turn off. I keep the panel below the closet where the pump is slightly propped open. If I reach in and give the pump a smack, it starts running again. Awaiting a new pump from Airstream as this shouldn't be the norm.

You may give that a try.

D
2019 RAM PowerWagon TV-Petrol Hemi
WBCCI # 22342
djarrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 11:47 AM   #8
Rivet Master

2013 25' Flying Cloud
Wheaton , Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streaminfree View Post
So it must be the pump for the fresh water. So, any help around where your switch is, let me know.
Best (and quickest) source for that is your user manual. Hopefully you carry them with you.

Greg
greghoro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #9
cac
1 Rivet Member

2016 26' Flying Cloud
Tehachapi , California
It's the same on my 2016 FC: with the other monitors (grey, black, and fresh water) on the panel by my sink.
cac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 02:45 PM   #10
Overland Adventurer

1991 34' Excella
2009 34' Panamerica
Telluride , Colorado
Your pump might need to run a minute or so to prime and pump. Open a tap in the bathroom and let the pump run until ester comes out. Almost all modern pumps.are self priming.
AtomicNo13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:49 AM   #11
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
[QUOTE=Streaminfree;1831976]Matt here from the Youtube channel Streaminfreedom. Thanks for all those who watch out subscribe to our crazy life of 3 kids and my wife and I living in an airstream.

Quote:
Oh ok, I definitely need to figure out if there is some sort of on off for switch for the pump. So, to clarify I realize there was actually two problems confusing me. One was real simple, a kink in the city water line.

Once I figured that out, the toilet and everything ran fine, however, once I unhooked the city water. And filled up the fresh water tank, I now have no water from anywhere. So it must be the pump for the fresh water. So, any help around where your switch is, let me know. Thanks
Newer Airstream trailers like yours have the SeeLeveL II Tank Monitor with a switch labeled "PUMP" and when this switch is turned on, the indicator light above it will come on, as seen about 5 minutes into your Streamin Freedom Episode 10:

It is also demonstrated by Patrick Botticelli of Colonial Airstream about 10 minutes into their walk-through below:

Congratulations on your new trailer and welcome to AirForums!
Old 08-08-2016, 04:19 AM   #12
Full time Airstreamer

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Anywhere , USA Living.Somewhere.Yonder
On my 2014 bunk the actual pump is behind a panel with the kitchen vent in it, across from the fridge. just give the panel a tug and it will pop out.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:48 AM   #13
2 Rivet Member

2016 30' Flying Cloud
Savannah , Texas
[QUOTE=SilverGate;1832345]
Quote:
Matt here from the Youtube channel Streaminfreedom. Thanks for all those who watch out subscribe to our crazy life of 3 kids and my wife and I living in an airstream.

Newer Airstream trailers like yours have the SeeLeveL II Tank Monitor with a switch labeled "PUMP" and when this switch is turned on, the indicator light above it will come on, as seen about 5 minutes into your Streamin Freedom Episode 10:

It is also demonstrated by Patrick Botticelli of Colonial Airstream about 10 minutes into their walk-through below:

Congratulations on your new trailer and welcome to AirForums!

Silvergate you are awesome, this is exactly what it was, the problem fixed it self once I left the pump on for a bit.

And thanks all for the advice to turn it off during shore power.
Old 08-22-2016, 05:25 AM   #14
Rivet Master

2014 20' Flying Cloud
Sag Harbor , New York

The owner's manual has info in it about the pump switch location etc..

OTRA15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 11:37 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2007 23' Safari SE
San Diego , California
[QUOTE=Streaminfree;1839154]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGate View Post

Silvergate you are awesome, this is exactly what it was, the problem fixed it self once I left the pump on for a bit.

And thanks all for the advice to turn it off during shore power.
You're welcome... and thanks for your Streamin Freedom YouTube videos of your Airstream experiences!
Old 07-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #16

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Cambria , California
Water Pump Replacement 2015 Flying Cloud

I was wondering how difficult it would be for me to replace my broken water pump myself?
BradMarkB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 05:38 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2016 25' Flying Cloud
Jupiter , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMarkB View Post
I was wondering how difficult it would be for me to replace my broken water pump myself?
It would probably be fairly easy if you can get access to it. Do you know where it's located?
Old 07-05-2017, 06:12 PM   #18
Rivet Master

1974 Argosy 26
Morrill , Nebraska
How do you know the pump is broken?
TG Twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:01 AM   #19

2015 25' Flying Cloud
Cambria , California
Water Pump Replacement 2015 Flying Cloud

I know where the pump is located and have "played with it" many times, but it seems to have a bad electrical connection and needs to be pulled and looked at, or replaced. Been fighting it since the unit was new, works/stops/works with a slight shaking, then stops.
BradMarkB is offline   Reply With Quote