Replacing water heater in 1981 Excella II
Actually, it took about 2 weeks!
Removal was about an hour, and fortunately I did not have a bad floor.
what took time...
1. treat the floor so that any future problem would be averted.
2. fabricate an aluminum pan to divert any future problem to the outside.
3. redesign the plumbing because Ole81 did not have any way to isolate the ruptured tank....so use of the toilet, sink etc was out of the question.
4. replace the gas system with gas/elec (electric is FREE at most campgrounds!!!)
5. design/install new electric circuit...new circuit breaker, switch to turn power on, etc...
6. learn all about and experiment with new plumbing lines
7. last, but not least....schedule son-in-law with powerful hands to do the clamping in close quarters.
Hope you can get it done quicker...
Bob and Gail
and Gail (MAAAA)
31' 1981 Excella II
2001 F-250 7.3D Crew w/8'bed and Pullrite 180degree
"Ask the Man Who Owns One" (Packard, Of Course)
"Ask the Woman who lives with one...or more!" (Gail)