Old 05-04-2016, 05:42 PM   #1
2 Rivet Member
2001 30' Excella
San Diego , California
Furnace won't stay lit

Anyone else have this problem?

In our 2001 30' Excella, as of two days ago, the furnace won't stay lit in the morning. It tries to lite 3 times, each time staying lit about 10 seconds, then goes out and 15 seconds later it tries again.

During the day when we don't need it, it stays lit.

Any ideas?

2001 Excella 30' (Beauty)
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 (The Beast)
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 07:02 PM   #2
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
1999 34' Excella
Davidson County, NC , Highlands County, FL
Look into the exhaust pipe of the furnace to see if there are wasp nest, dirt dauber, or spider webs. If the exhaust is blocked the furnace will not run.
Inside the furnace there is a switch (called a sail switch) that will not allow the furnace to ignite if there is a blockage in the duct. The way it works; the fan blows against the sail part of the switch which moves the electric contacts into the correct position. If lint, hair, or any trash that gets into the ducts builds up on this switch or is preventing air flow it will not allow the furnace to ignite.
circuit boards in the furnace go bad, sometimes they need replacing (I had to replace one in my Safari not long ago, because I was having the same issues you describe)

add edit:
I learned enough by reading on this forum and looking at u-tube videos that I was able to remove and clean the sail switch and replace the circuit board on my furnace.
A W Warn is offline   Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)