Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-19-2006, 11:55 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

1975 28' Argosy 28
Hopkinsville , Kentucky
Flexible Heater Tube

Hello all, I'm requesting information on the heater tubes that run to the rear of the 1975 Argosy, 28' twin bed model. I took the bathtub out and noticed one heater tube running along side it towards the rear and ending at the black holding tank and another runnning into the floor towards the grey holding tank. I was wondering are these tubes for keeping the tanks from freezing? I looked at the 1975 airstream tech manual schematic for the duct work and it provides very little information in regards to the tubes functions. I saw no heat register in the bathroom area and thought maybe the prior owner made some changes. If someone has the proper routing and possibly a schematic and photo of how its suppose to work it would be greatly appreciated. My initial thought was to make a heat register as I entered the bathroom area, but I decided to ask some questions before I created a future nightmare.

Thank You

God Bless and Safe Travels

Keith
Hawk_Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2006, 02:07 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1984 29' Sovereign
Savannah , Missouri
Thumbs up

Quote:
I was wondering are these tubes for keeping the tanks from freezing?
Not having seen your unit..I do believe your guess is right on target~!
If it doesn't need to be replaced, leave it..You'd want that added protection ~! Just my take based on what you've said..
53FC
NEU #64
New England Unit
53flyingcloud is offline   Reply With Quote