Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2003, 05:38 PM   #1
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
Brita Faucet Filters

Has anyone used one of the Brita Faucet Filters instead of the undersink filtration system used on the 70's models? (and probably other models)

Just curious. I have installed a new kitchen faucet that can accomodate it. I don't remember if the faucet I took out was capable of using one.

For the most part, water will be for washing dishes and showering, and occasionally drinking.

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 05:52 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

1972 31' Sovereign
High Springs , Florida
Send a message via AIM to Pick
We have a Pur water filter in our house. Before we drilled a new well the thing would plug up in a week. I mean PLUG up to the point where no water flowed through it at all. This was after it went through the water softner. Now, we have a new well, with much better water and the Pur cartridges last 2 months.

I would imagine it would work fine in the Airstream. When the Everpure water filter was damaged by the PO not winterizing, I installed a Culligan filter, for marine and RV use, that I bought from Lowes. It is a carbon/sediment filter. I would imagine, between the two filters, the water would be fine for drinking and making coffee. We usually carry bottled water with us when camping.
Lots of Hot Sauce!
Air # 283
WBCCI 1350
Pick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:00 PM   #3
3 Rivet Member

Currently Looking...
bay city , Michigan
Undersink Filtration

is this something that would be in my A/S? what does it look like and where does it normally reside?
FireFighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 06:21 PM   #4
Rivet Master

1977 31' Sovereign
Tampa Bay , ^
My 72 Overlander has a factory installed canister filter on the cold water line... I believe. It is a chrome looking item entangled in all the plumbing under the sink. When I re-plumbed the new sink using stainless braided hoses, I bypassed the filter. At the time, I didn't know if it was still a useful serviceable item. This was pre-Airstreamforums.com for me. I have read that filters are still available. Since I bypassed it, and would like to use the water on occasion for coffee or drinking, I am going to try one of those Brita filter systems that attach on the tap. They have an LED to let you know when the filter needs to be changed. I believe the whole deal is around $35. I haven't looked in to replacement filter costs yet.

I was just curious if anyone else had tried one.

Sneakinup is offline   Reply With Quote