Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
AquaJet ES water pump rebuild kit?

Anyone know if a rebuild kit is available & where to get it?

When we brought our trailer out of storage last week I found the pump was seized. I tried pulling it apart and reached a point where I wasn't sure how to proceed.

Since we wanted to use the trailer on the weekend, I didn't have time to mess with it and so just went and bought a replacement - had to buy a Shurflo, it was all that local dealers had in stock - mind you, it does seem pretty good.

I have since managed to get the old Aquajet apart and found a seized bearing which I was able to free up.

Unfortunately, I destroyed one of the internal rubber piston components in the process of dismantling it!

If I can get a rebuild kit for not too much $$ - and if the kit includes the rubber piston assembly (Not what it is actually called!) then i will rebuild the pump as a spare - if not, I'll just scrap it!

I did try a google search but so far couldn't find a source of rebuild kits or any info as to what is included.

Anyone been this route?

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'
Hensley Arrow / Centramatics
2008 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD,4x4,Crew Cab, Diesel, Leer cap.
Wingeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:32 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingeezer View Post
Anyone know if a rebuild kit is available & where to get it?

When we brought our trailer out of storage last week I found the pump was seized. I tried pulling it apart and reached a point where I wasn't sure how to proceed.

Since we wanted to use the trailer on the weekend, I didn't have time to mess with it and so just went and bought a replacement - had to buy a Shurflo, it was all that local dealers had in stock - mind you, it does seem pretty good.

I have since managed to get the old Aquajet apart and found a seized bearing which I was able to free up.

Unfortunately, I destroyed one of the internal rubber piston components in the process of dismantling it!

If I can get a rebuild kit for not too much $$ - and if the kit includes the rubber piston assembly (Not what it is actually called!) then i will rebuild the pump as a spare - if not, I'll just scrap it!

I did try a google search but so far couldn't find a source of rebuild kits or any info as to what is included.

Anyone been this route?

Brian.

Anyone know where I might get a parts list & buy parts for an
Aquajet ES?

I have already replaced in with a new Shurflo which seems a good pump, but I would like to repair teh old one as a spare if I can get parts.

I found that the pump was made by Aquatec and sent an email to their website a week or so back but no response at all.

If no-one has any suggestions I'll just scrap the pump rather than have it take up space - got too much junk around here!

2005 Classic 30'
Old 06-03-2011, 12:22 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2007 30' Classic
Oswego , Illinois
Call them. I didn't like my aquajet and replaced with a Surflo variable speed. The aquajet had a mind of it's own. Electronics all fould up. Their service dept sent me some parts free, including a new head. It is now my transfer pump for my 40 gallon water tote. I just bypassed the electronics.
dznf0g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 01:15 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2005 30' Classic
Burlington , Ontario
Quote:
Originally Posted by dznf0g View Post
Call them. I didn't like my aquajet and replaced with a Surflo variable speed. The aquajet had a mind of it's own. Electronics all fould up. Their service dept sent me some parts free, including a new head. It is now my transfer pump for my 40 gallon water tote. I just bypassed the electronics.
Yeah, I guess I should try that. It just ticks me off when a company has a customer service email address and they don't even take to trouble to respond - even if only to say they can't help!

My Aquajet was always very noisy. The new Shurflo is much much quieter. Of course that could be because the Aquajet was piped directly into rigid pex [iping on the inlet side. When I installed the Sureflo and had to change fittings, I put a length of flex hose on both outlet and inlet sides. That could have made all the difference maybe

The Aquajet was rated at 3.5 and the Shurflo only at 3.0, but my impression is that not only is it quieter but it seems to put out more volume.

You've got me wondering if my Surflo is variable speed, I doubt it as it onlt cost me about $130 I think. I'll check the papers that came with it.

The problem with my Aquajet turned out to be a seized front bearing. I was able to free it up, but in removing the silicon rubber piston assembly thingy from the wobble plate, a couple of the little rubber "studs" that go into holes in the plate just broke off instead of pulling free. That is the main thing I need. If I could find a source though, I'd likely put a new motor bearing in as well.

Brian.

2005 Classic 30'