Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 02:38 PM   #41
4 Rivet Member

2016 27' Flying Cloud
Overland Park , Kansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaRon View Post
My email to Rick March was undeliverable. Anyone have his email address?
Contact information

Rick March
937-596-6111 ext. 7416

Not sure of his email address, did u try Rmarch@airstream.com?
Hope this helps. Sandy

Sent from my iPhone using Airstream Forums
Hiho Silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #42
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Silverlabs, I hear you. But, I found the pump and, regardless, it is all the way under the refrig directly behind the electrical panel. With the help of a mobile RV guy we removed the panel and there it was right up against the oven wall. We were able to reroute the fresh water outtake pipe and extend it about 1 1/2 feet to underneath the wardrobe and added a 3-way valve for Winterization. When time comes to replace water pump, the electrical panel can be pulled and rewired. You might have same model but it is certainly built differently.
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 03:25 PM   #43
4 Rivet Member

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2014 25' Flying Cloud
Waxahachie , Texas
Glad you apparently figured it out. I would love to have seen a picture of that as again, I replaced the charger and panel and between it an the refrigerator components, and the routing of the heater hose that comes from under your sink and pull drawers to the round vent next to your panel, there is very, very little room back there. It makes no sense that it would have ever been put there even if it did fit. The wheel well comes up and leaves only a few inches of height. Seems very unlikely identical units would have such design differences. With some of the other issues you have had with yours, maybe it was a bad day at the factory. Oh well, whatever. Good luck going forward.

Chuck
silverlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2015, 10:37 PM   #44
LifeIsShort

2013 22' FB Sport
Winter Park , Colorado
My manual tells me it is under the wardrobe in the 2013 22FB. The access to the pump is there, but the pump is also VERY inaccessible to the right, under the fridge. And with it and the inlet line firmly clamped to the floor, and beneath two wire harnesses, it is impossible to remove the inlet line to winterize the way the manual instructs. Very annoying that they couldn't come up with a way to make this annual event easier for the customer! I guess I'll also have to have that awful antifreeze taste next spring. I poured it in the fresh water tank to run it through the pump.
Tsmith.wp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 08:58 PM   #45
kpayne

2015 28' Flying Cloud
Shreveport , Louisiana
2015 FC 28 Rear-water pump access

Just to add my two cents and another lament! Just had my unit winterized at the local dealer--what a chore. Two experienced technicians spent almost 30 minutes locating and then trying to access the water pump. As folks on this thread have stated repeatedly, the water pump on this model is tucked up under the fridge and accessed by removing a panel at the base of the wardrobe. Then you reach waaaaaay back and grope around until you are able to manipulate the pump sufficiently to attach the jug of antifreeze. Glad I didn't even try this as I never would have succeeded. Like you, I'll just dump some antifreeze in the fresh water tank next year if I do the winterizing procedure myself. Seems like a poor design for such an important piece of equipment.
kpayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2015, 06:37 PM   #46
Rivet Master

2015 28' Flying Cloud
2018 33' Classic
Cumming , Georgia
Kpayne, with help from a mobile rv guy, we were able to attach a 3-way valve I access right below the wardrobe. However, forget about any regular service/maintenance on water pump.

Sent from my iPad using Airstream Forums
DeltaRon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2016, 08:04 PM   #47

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Well, unfortunately this wasn't corrected for 2016. The electrical panel is still under the fridge and the pump behind it. I removed the wardrobe panel but could not see the pump at all. DeltaRon thanks for sharing your story and eventual solution. I may need to find someone to help me with a similar setup. I am going to try emailing my dealer to see what they say about accessing the pump and the possibility of installing a diverter like you describe.
vossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 12:00 PM   #48

2016 28' Flying Cloud
Tampa , Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by vossom View Post
Well, unfortunately this wasn't corrected for 2016.
I stand corrected!

I spoke with Colonial today and they told me that the water pump is directly behind the panel underneath the convection microwave. I removed this panel and there it is, easily accessible. Why in the world I didn't check there in the first place I can't explain but I will blame it on sleep deprivation .
vossom is offline   Reply With Quote