Old 11-05-2006, 10:30 PM   #15
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Hi, I don't want to crash your party, but I hope I never have to have one of those things. [Blue waste tank on wheels.] Tanks, but no tanks. Trailer tanks full? Time to move!

Bob

Old 11-05-2006, 10:35 PM   #16
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
West of Fort Worth , Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
Hi, I don't want to crash your party, but I hope I never have to have one of those things. [Blue waste tank on wheels.] Tanks, but no tanks. Trailer tanks full? Time to move!

Bob
That's OK as long as you have a grey tank...some of us don't, so a blue tote is needed. Other times you want to stay a little longer. Dave

Old 11-05-2006, 11:05 PM   #17
Rivet Master

2005 25' Safari
Salem , Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fyrzowt
That's OK as long as you have a grey tank...some of us don't, so a blue tote is needed. Other times you want to stay a little longer. Dave
Hi, Dave. I guess that answers my unasked question. You people without grey tanks need these blue totes. Are you highjacking my trademark signature that I use to separate me from all the other Bobs?

Bob
Old 11-05-2006, 11:22 PM   #18
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBERTSUNRUS
Hi, Dave. I guess that answers my unasked question. You people without grey tanks need these blue totes. Are you highjacking my trademark signature that I use to separate me from all the other Bobs?

Bob
Bob, I gotta admit I was, just in one of those testy moods, no harm meant! Really!
Old 11-05-2006, 11:35 PM   #19
_

. , .
hold the phone/online ordering a second silverback!

i've got the 32 gal model...and like it.

here's why...
-4 wheels means NO lifting and the pulling handle is much better than on the 25.
-raising a 25 up on 2 wheels still takes a lot of brut force...i tried one for a week before returning it for the 32...
-the 32 has a drain with push/pull valve on the side down low, so hook up a hose and drain just like the built in tanks....no lifting and pouring and so on...
-when empty the 32 is not much heavier than a 25
-the 32 is much much easier to attach and tow with your tv...to the dump station...

and as carol has pointed out there is no need to FILL to max capacity...but the 32 handles much better regardless of how full it is...

finally, IF you wanna enter the blueboy tote races at the bbIV rally the 4 wheels are much faster!

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 05:56 AM   #20
Well Preserved

1993 21' Sovereign
Colfax , North Carolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2airishuman
finally, IF you wanna enter the blueboy tote races at the bbIV rally the 4 wheels are much faster!

cheers
2air'
And it looks like there is more room for a bigger battery and motor in the 32. I still like our 22, though.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:53 AM   #21
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
The BEST Blue Boy is your neighbors - sneak over at night and discharge your grey tank into their's with just an old garden hose and watch them wonder where all the liquids come from.

Really - all this discussions on blue boys has me wondering again which size I need. I am looking 4 wheel but all the sizes have very flimsy "axles" and wheel combinations - how long do they last?
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:56 AM   #22
Rivet Master

2005 22' International CCD
Buckhorn , Ontario
Send a message via Skype™ to GT1963
What a lovely conversation first thing in the morning

We too have the "no Grey Tank" dilema and had to ask ourselves what the best route for us would be

Having very limited room and a tight budget - the big 32's and 25's were not logical - although we knew they would be up for the task.

However the first time we borrowed one from our friends we did run into the problem that it would not fit under the trailer. And in today's society not all humans are accepting to a blue buggy and the "daggers" can get a bit much by the end of a Rally.

The 10 Gallon was ideal we thought - and proceeded to look for a 10 gallon on sale. What we found was the perfect solution - the new low profile 15 gallon - and when we found it at Camping World on our trip south in 2004 we even got it for less than the 10 Gallon.

It is a great size - it is slim and just slides under the trailer no problem - so low that if the grass is long you hardly notice it (maybe they should make them green) When traveling it just stands upright and slides either in the back of the Yukon or in the Trailer. There is no smell (hope note if you smell it - it must be leaking!!!)

We are on the Hunt for the air hole screw on cap as my brother left it off and the cap to dry out the last time he used it to empty the excella. I did not realize the caps were off and had the big leaf blower blowing all the leaves - and i guess the cap is now long gone. It should not be hard to find a standard hose fitting cap - just better remember the next time we use it

Here are a couple of pictures of the model we bought.

PS it also has an attachable loop handle to loop over the hitch ball if too heavy to pull.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6205.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	28231   Click image for larger version

Name:	100_6206.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	96.3 KB
ID:	28232  

Old 11-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #23
Rivet Master

2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6921
We are on the Hunt for the air hole screw on cap as my brother left it off and the cap to dry out the last time he used it to empty the excella. I did not realize the caps were off and had the big leaf blower blowing all the leaves - and i guess the cap is now long gone. It should not be hard to find a standard hose fitting cap - just better remember the next time we use it
Those hose caps are available at Home Depot in brass and plastic - in the plumbing area. Sometimes, when you buy the high end hoses they will have them on there. Plastic ones are available in the gargen section. I need to look at the 15 gallon size.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 08:48 AM   #24
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Quote:
-4 wheels means NO lifting and the pulling handle is much better than on the 25.
my 25 has 4 wheels, too.
Quote:
--raising a 25 up on 2 wheels still takes a lot of brut force...i tried one for a week before returning it for the 32...
my 25 has 4 wheels, too. no need to lift it.
Quote:
--the 32 has a drain with push/pull valve on the side down low, so hook up a hose and drain just like the built in tanks....no lifting and pouring and so on...
...as does my 25
Quote:
--when empty the 32 is not much heavier than a 25
56 lbs? the 25 is already difficult enough to drag over rough terrain to the tow vehicle for dumping...even with 4 wheels.
Quote:
--the 32 is much much easier to attach and tow with your tv...to the dump station...
well, if you say so...but I can't imagine mine being any easier. the steel handle/ring just slips over the ball.

as I said before, a tank that was any taller wouldn't be able to slide under my trailer...not that this is a deal-breaker, but its nice to be able to mostly conceal it.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #25
Patriotic

1973 23' Safari
North of Boston , Massachusetts
Ok, I just checked CW, in response to the daily spam they send me. (amazing coincidence?)

If we're talking about the "Barker Mfg" models, the 32g has the same height and width, as the 25, but is longer lengthwise. looks like just a "stretched" version of the same thing. So it would fit under the trailer just as well. And, the longer wheelbase would obviously give a smoother ride and be more resistant to sway. Still, it would take up that much more room in the back of the truck. as it is, my packing always seems to revolve around the BB...darned thing is so huge.
'00 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 QC
Chuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #26
Rivet Master

2000 25' Safari
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck
Ok, I just checked CW, in response to the daily spam they send me. (amazing coincidence?)

If we're talking about the "Barker Mfg" models, the 32g has the same height and width, as the 25, but is longer lengthwise. looks like just a "stretched" version of the same thing. So it would fit under the trailer just as well. And, the longer wheelbase would obviously give a smoother ride and be more resistant to sway. Still, it would take up that much more room in the back of the truck. as it is, my packing always seems to revolve around the BB...darned thing is so huge.
If sway is a concern, do they make a model that will accept a L/L and sway control?
Old 11-06-2006, 01:41 PM   #27
_

. , .
Quote:
Originally Posted by overlander63
And it looks like there is more room for a bigger battery and motor in the 32. I still like our 22, though.

yea i'm adapting mine for solar so the extra top surface means a bigger solar panel...

hi chuck...

i didn't buy from cw. my local rv store had the 25 in the older 2 wheel style like the photo gt6921 posted.

the old style 25 was a mother to lift.

for 2 wheels the size gt6921 is ideal...

just took a look at cw site...

i see now the 25s come with the same side drain access;
4 wheels and red wagon handle as the 32s...

same tanks except for size...

the 32s must be on sale because the new model has built in load leveling suspension, and a wireless tank monitor..

so for racing the 25s might be better in the twisties, but down hill 32s rule!

having disc brakes added next week too...

cheers
2air'

we are here on earth to fart around. don't let anybody tell you any different. k.v.
2airishuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 03:55 PM   #28
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Pittsfield , Maine
For those of us who are sticking to the "wash water only" plan, wouldn't a simple 12v pump with hose fittings do the trick??? Hang the pump above the trailer discharge and turn on the juice. When the tank is full, turn off the juice, keeping the discharge hose above the trailer outlet and, eureka, even if the trailer was not completely drained there shouldn't be any mess! Of course, a macerator pump would also work - but the idea for most of us "giant-size blue tank affectionatos" is to keep the tank reasonably clean! I, for one, would simply plug a long power supply cord for the pump directly in to my TV outlet. I just hatched this idea for myself while reading the preceding - but I'm sure others have preceded me with similar plans. Other than using a standard fresh water pump, is there any other pump that would be well-suited for the task?

2003 GMC 3500 D/A, CC, LB, 4x4 and 2000 Airstream Excella 30. WBCCI 7074
Cracker is offline   Reply With Quote