Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-22-2014, 03:30 PM   #1
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
water drip

I noticed 2 small drip under the right side of the our AS near the wheels. When I went under to look it appeared to be very small drips coming from each corner of the long black tank under the AS. The drip was not fast but of course I am concerned about it, Can any one tell me what tank it is and is there an easy way to plug the area where the drips are coming from.

Thanks
John
urnmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 04:00 PM   #2
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
If the tank is forward of the wheel well it is most likely the fresh water tank. Behind the wheel well could be the gray or black water tank.

Di you leave water in the fresh water tank over the winter? If so the it may have frozen and cracked the tank. There should be a small drain for the fresh water tank. Drain it and see if the drip stops. Once stopped fill the tank again and check for the drips. If they reappear it is likely the tank.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 05:36 AM   #3
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
Fresh water drip

I noticed 2 small drip under the right side of the our AS near the wheels. When I went under to look it appeared to be very small drips coming from each corner of the long black tank under the AS. The drip was not fast but of course I am concerned about it, Can any one tell me what tank it is and is there an easy way to plug the area where the drips are coming from.

Thanks
John

Howie
Thanks for the reply

I am pretty sure it is ithe fresh water tank and I did drain the system however it was very cold here this year on the easten shore. The drip is small but I am wondering how to patch them and if I can do it myself.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:19 AM   #4
Rivet Master

1991 34' Excella
Princeton , New Jersey
If does in fact turn out to be the tank I have fiber glassed a cracked tank.

There sre 2 possible reasons it may have cracked. Simple expansion of ice or contractions of the tank against the mounting screws on the flange at the top of the tank.

HowieE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:49 AM   #5
Rivet Master

2008 27' International FB
Venice , Florida
I just repaired a drip leak in my fresh water tank. Curb side behind the foward tire is a drain valve. Behind that there is an access panel w/screws. Inside that panel is a horizontal drain plug about 2 inches in diameter and 2 female outlet in the tank, 1 for the before mentions drain valve and the other up to the pump etc. Besides a broken drain valve, I found the 2 inch drain plug was loose. Also the female outlet to the pump was split, probably from a prior freeze up in CT with prior owner. I guess it just decided to leak now?? All repaired. Replaced drain valve with new (purchased at Ace HW). Cleaned up all areas and used JB Weld Epoxy to seal the split in the female outlet to pump. Also repaired a water leak in the A/C drain pan, same stuff, JB Weld, great stuff. By the way, make it easy remove the tire use safety jacks and have a lot of patience

Airdreamers

WBCCI #8880
AIR #41310
airdreamers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2012 25' Flying Cloud
Berlin , Maryland
I may have been a little over reacting regarding the leak. I took it camping this weekend and the tank stayed filled but now I will check again now that it is back in the driveway for a day. If need be, I will use the Jb weld to fix it.

Now I need to find out why the light in the refrig does not work and and why on my trucks message center it tels me the the trailer has faulty wiring. I guess all this goes with owning a trailer.
My thanks to all for the assistance.