Old 06-19-2016, 07:51 PM   #15
2 Rivet Member
2016 30' Classic
Austin , Texas
two questions.

1) if you are "full" there would be a concern of back flushing, but I suppose the amount going back in would be minimal to dislodge crud.

2) if "really" clogged then what happens if it doesn't immediately unclog? Is there a pressure release mechanism back down the closed valve to the sewer hose ... or will it just explode .

Seems like a nice insurance policy though. Thx.

caseywsj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 07:29 AM   #16
Rivet Master
2013 30' Classic
Greenwood , Mississippi
Another ditto for posts 7 and 8...
We put TP in a garbage bag in a wastebasket and toss it with the regular trash.

2013 Classic 30 Limited
2007 Silver Toyota Tundra Crew Max Limited 5.7 iForce
2006 Vivid Black Harley-Davidson Road King Classic
1999 Black Nissan Pathfinder LE
TAC #MS-10
WBCCI #1811, Region 6, Unit 56
Airforums #70955
m.hony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:09 AM   #17
2 Rivet Member
2001 30' Excella
San Diego , California

Well, we are successful yesterday in unplugging the clog in our black water tank.

Putting a bag of ice down the toilet and hitching up the Airstream and traveling a few hours did not work.

After taking advice from Tuco's post in this thread, we went to a CampingWorld to buy a back flush. They didn't have the model he recommended by Camco, but they did have the Flush King. After attaching it and back flushing several times, the clogged black tank unplugged and we are good to go. Thank you for all the advice.

The reason it worked was the Flush King allows you to close the drain pipe valve to the sewer hose and forces the spray water into the black water tank. The water pressure builds up and the water has no place to go but into the tank. That caused the water to move the clog up into the tank and ultimately out the sewer drain.

During this process, my wife was watching the toilet in the AS to make sure it did not overflow inside.

My wife is going to post the photos and step by step the process we went through soon at our blog.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions.
2001 Excella 30' (Beauty)
2014 Ram 2500 Diesel 4x4 (The Beast)
JBBeaubeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:26 AM   #18
4 Rivet Member
1969 23' Safari
Palmer Lake , Colorado
I agree with the other posters - seems like it's pretty obvious and, in the end, simple. It's gravity, pressure at the bottom spending, and a blockage. Not too many dots to connect - suit up, I'd get some eye protection, and open that valve and stick something in there to clear the clog. Sure some will come out but once the issue is solved close the valve and put the hose back on and try and forget the whole thing over a nice glass of wine. Otherwise it's a mobile RV service - who will do the very same thing ...
kdickinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 08:12 PM   #19
2 Rivet Member
2009 27' FB Classic
Sioux Falls , South Dakota
I bought a sewer pump because my sewer is above the trailer parking spot at home. When I get a plug the pump puts vacuum on the pipes and has broken up all clogs so far. I have a 27' classic and it has a spray cleaning system built into the black water tank. I do try using it very carefully at times as well. Both approaches have worked for me.

Happy Streaming.....

gr.austin is offline   Reply With Quote