Old 02-23-2005, 07:03 AM   #29

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
Thanks, Craig and Jack.

I'll look up Valterra and see if I can find a Thetford to Valterra adaptor. I tried the Flush King on my B-in-L's SOB trailer and was impressed with how well it worked.

pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 08:03 PM   #30
Cartoon Character
2004 34' Classic
On The Road , U.S.A.
The adapter is called a "Universal Adapter."

I broke two of them in one day ... story later.

Went to Dillons in Mesa ... they are an Airstream dealer ...did not have one in stock ... the parts guy had never heard of it ... they have never carried it. I found that rather strange.

They were good enough to order two for me ... had them the next day ... paid $5.39 each.

More about my experience with Dillons today .. in another thread ... just as soon as I cool off a bit.

WBCCI #3405 Escapees #80360

I live the life I love and I love the life I live.
-- Willie Dixon
Porky Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:24 PM   #31
Rivet Master
1987 29' Sovereign
Sparta , Tennessee
Send a message via Yahoo to wingfoot321
Previous owner left potty-toddy tabs in coach. Have been using them and am very satisfied.

I have a friend who just the other day bought "Biz" laundry detergent and told me he had used it for years. Apparently has enzymes and he thought it did a great job.

He spends about 5 months a year in his unit so I may give it a try the next time I need chemical.
wingfoot321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 07:08 AM   #32
Commercial Member
1967 30' Sovereign
Los Lunas , New Mexico
Originally Posted by ElliottBartlett
The Thetford liquid does have formaldahyde in it. There was an article in Trailer Life recently about form.... and it said that it was OK as long as too much wasn't used all at once. And too much would have been about 5 gallons for a 50 gal tank. It's made me re-think the freebie fluid they give out here and there.
I suspect you'd need to see this not on an individual basis, but on the basis of all the folks in a park. If everybody used formaldahyde, it would tend to concentrate into the park's system and cause problems. Best advice, then, is to avoid formaldahyde.

WBCCI 21043
eubank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 11:14 AM   #33

2012 30' International
Walkerton , Virginia
I ordered (rather, I had Camping World order) an adaptor. I was glad to find a part number on this forum. Porky - I'm eager to hear about your "adventure".

pmclemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:28 PM   #34
Rivet Master
2005 28' Classic
Austin (Hays County) , Texas
I bought a big bottle of the Potty Toddy Tabs years ago when I had the Scamp with a 6-gallon black tank. I cut all of the tabs in half for that tank and they worked quite well.

I later had a TrailManor with a recirculating Airline-type toilet. I had to start using lots of the blue liquid to keep odors down. I still had a half bottle of the tabs. BTW: if anyone trys to sell you a recirculating toilet, run the other way, fast. They are a disaster!

I tried some of the liquid bacteria. It didn't work well on the recirculating toilet, but worked well in the Scamp.

Over the three years that I have had Airstreams, I have variously used either nothing at all or just one of the half-tabs in the tank. I have never had an odor problem in all that time except just one time when the toilet spring broke and the flush slide didn't seal properly. I do flush out the tank near the end of trips whenever possible to prevent any buildup.

John W. Irwin
2005 Classic 28 "Sabre-Dog III"
2013 Silverado 2500HD Duramax/Allison LTZ
WBCCI #9632, TAC TX-10
Pahaska is offline   Reply With Quote