Thetford collector Repair,67' Caravel ($8 fix)
Heres my $8 repair job I did to my existing collector to fix the dump cap that previous owner had cut off. You can no longer buy this collector and I came up with a easy and cheap fix for this. Someone cut off the existing dump cap just above the ears so there was no way to attach a drain cap. So I went to local RV shop and bought a new $4 3" termination end and a $4 drain cap with hose barb. I used a urethane sealant the same stuff they use to install car windshields. I put a big blob of the stuff all around the existing stub and the square flange and installed the new pipe end. I then put some self tapping screws through the new pipe into the exising stub and then put some more sealant all around the outside. This stuff dries as hard as a rock as turned out fine and should work good as new.
"he who dies with the most toys wins"