Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Airstream Forums > Airstream Restoration, Repair & Parts Forums > Plumbing - Systems & Fixtures > Waste Systems, Tanks & Totes
Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-18-2010, 11:18 PM   #1
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
Tank capacity chart: is there one?

I thought I'd seen a chart either posted here, or linked to, that gave the capacities of the fresh water, grey, and black tanks by year of trailer. Sort of like the one that gives trailer weights, by year and model.

Well, I near to wore out my fingers using the search to find it, with no luck.

Am I dreaming? Is there no chart like that, or even close to it?

I looked at a bunch of the "by year" publications on the airstream.com's Service Department files, but it seems that they were pretty tight-fisted with giving out that data.

I'd really appreciate any leads any of you might have...
Old 04-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2006 25' Safari FB SE
St. Cloud , Minnesota
Not sure I've seen an all-in-one source for tank capacities. You might have to ask about specific year & model.

Airstream has put a lot more info online. A place to start is Airstream, Inc :: Customer Service -- check out the trailer specs from the top menu. These tend to be pdf files of original brochure material and may not have all your answers; eg, the 1975 Excella specs shows a 45 gal water tank but says nothing about gray or black capacities.

5 meter Langford Nahanni

CanoeStream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 06:58 AM   #3
Rivet Monster

1975 31' Sovereign
1980 31' Excella II
Sprung Leak , North Carolina
I don't recall having seen a single source document covering tank capacities. I do know that 1974-1975 was the first year requiring gray tanks. They were optional for a year or so prior to the mandated installation. On my 1975 the gray tank is a whopping 10 gallons!

Aaron
WBCCI #XXXX AIR #2495
Why are we in this basket...and where are we going
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 09:38 AM   #4
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
waste tanks sizes for the mid-bath 1981 31' International?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanoeStream View Post
Not sure I've seen an all-in-one source for tank capacities. You might have to ask about specific year & model.

Airstream has put a lot more info online. A place to start is Airstream, Inc :: Customer Service -- check out the trailer specs from the top menu. These tend to be pdf files of original brochure material and may not have all your answers; eg, the 1975 Excella specs shows a 45 gal water tank but says nothing about gray or black capacities.
So then, there probably isn't a chart like that. I did go through all the docs for 1981 (the year of the particular model I'm interested in at the moment) and as you say lots of dimensions, not tank capacities for the waste tanks.

So that's probably the way to go, just ask about a particular year and model.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
I don't recall having seen a single source document covering tank capacities. I do know that 1974-1975 was the first year requiring gray tanks. They were optional for a year or so prior to the mandated installation. On my 1975 the gray tank is a whopping 10 gallons!

Aaron
Yeah, I have a "first gray tank year" model myself, a 1974, and same thing: 10 US gallons in the gray tank. Whahoo! LOL!

Well, thanks guys, maybe I will just ask right here: does anyone know what the waste tanks sizes were for the mid-bath 1981 31' International?

Tags
tank capacity