Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Sovereign tanks

Anyone know the sizes of the fresh water, gray water, and black water tanks for a 31 foot soverign of the road, 1975? Am looking at one for 5500 dollars. Thanks for the info, jim
xrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #2
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
If it is rear bath (which it seems most of them ARE), the black tank is 20 gallons, the gray tank is a measly 10 gallons, and I -think- the white water tank is 45 gallons. [Edit] The upgraded models (International, Excella) have 45 gallon white water tanks, but a document called "Standard Specifications" for 1974 shows a 30 gallon one.

Are you saying the one you are looking at has not (or broken) tanks? They aren't cheap; I bought a black tank from IRV for US$465 plus shipping a couple of years ago...

Which reminds me that I need to list it again, I never used it, and it's still sitting in my shed!

'74 and '75 are almost identical trailers.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:27 AM   #3
3 Rivet Member

1974 31' Sovereign
Bothell , Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aage View Post
If it is rear bath (which it seems most of them ARE), the black tank is 20 gallons, the gray tank is a measly 10 gallons, and I -think- the white water tank is 30 gallons.

Are you saying the one you are looking at has not (or broken) tanks? They aren't cheap; I bought a black tank from IRV for US$465 plus shipping a couple of years ago...

Which reminds me that I need to list it again, I never used it, and it's still sitting in my shed!

'74 and '75 are almost identical trailers.
Aage,

What did you end up doing with your original tank? Why were you going to replace it? Mine is out with a crack ... I'm thinking about repairing and replacing it.

Thanks!
Leo

https://ismelltexas.wordpress.com
texasbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:06 PM   #4
Site Team

1974 31' Sovereign
Ottawa , ON
When I bought the tank, as part of a big order of parts, I was under the impression from the PO that the black tank was broken at the neck, like yours. The problem turned out to be that the two frames and pans assemblies that support my black and gray tanks were completely rotted out.

I had new pans and frames fabbed for me at a local fabricator, and when it was time to reassemble, I gave him the new tank. He filled it with water and let it sit overnight to make sure it didn't leak, but unknonwn to me, he also did the same thing with the original black tank.

He called me the next day, and when I went over, it was clear that there was nothing wrong with the old tank. In fact, as he pointed out, the new tanks did not have the sensors in it for the tank gauges. This didn't bother me, because I knew by then that that system rarely worked, but I stayed with the old tank anyway.

And so, I still have the new tank, still new and unused, in its original carton, ready to ship out to some nice person that is willing to give me some money for it.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:05 PM   #5
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Tanks appear to be okay, I was just curious about the sizes. Tis trailer s at Sanders rv in Alachua fl. No rear sag and axles appear to be okay. Interior is rough but appears to be complete. Exterior is good. Jim
Old 09-13-2012, 02:09 PM   #6
Rivet Master

1956 22' Flying Cloud
1953 32' Liner
1955 22' Safari
Valley View , Texas
Send a message via Skype™ to Melody Ranch
That looks like an awfully expensive buy in the described condition.......
Old 09-13-2012, 05:04 PM   #7
Rivet Master

Currently Looking...
Mantua , Ohio
Too much for me. Looks like someone got in over their head. New floor in most of it, just plywood, everything else except the bed looks original. Not too sure about the bathroom, floor a little soft around toilet, needs to be checked more carefully. Climbed on bumper and no sag, I weigh 250 pounds, axles look like they may have been replaced. No chance to ask questions, too big of a hurry. I figure if everything works, about3500 for an aluminum tent. Jim

Tags
sovereign