Old 08-12-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
1 Rivet Member
1979 30' Argosy
saint augustine , Florida
Question Sos

ok, so here is the scenario. i'm a newcomer. i've been hooked up to this state parks sewer line for 3 weeks, and everything is working fine (that is ..after i realized i have to actually open the bayonet valve thing in order for stuff to drain) anyways, all is well. until this AM i noted that my sensor light indicates that my aux. tank is 3/4 full, the main tank is empty. nothing here as changed in my set up. help. am i going to have an impending flood or what?

greenRNtrav. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:42 PM   #2

2004 30' Classic Slideout
Fenton , Missouri
Send a message via AIM to jcanavera Send a message via Skype™ to jcanavera
Sensors are notorious for malfunctioning. First thing first. You can leave the valve open on the grey water (aux) tank when you have a sewer hook up. Do not however leave that valve open on the black water (toilet/main) holding tank. You need to dump that tank with as much liquid as possible. If you don't, the solids and paper will build up in the tank and you will have some serious problems.

Going back to the aux tank. Typically if the tank fills, the water will back up at the lowest drain in the trailer, which is the bath or shower drain. My advice is to close off the aux valve and run the water in a sink and start to fill the tank. Two things will probably happen. First you will find that the issue is a bad sensor and secondly when the tank finally fills (watch that shower/bath drain) then go out and open that valve. You will hear that water rushing out and you just might have cleared debris off the sensor allowing it to register correctly. Typically the black water tank sensor goes bad first (due to paper and other solid wastes). Typically if the grey water valve is closed, you will find that you tend to dump a lot more liquid into that grey tank than the black.

Jack Canavera
AIR #56
'04 Classic 30' S.O.,'03 GMC Savana 2500,'14 Honda CTX 700
jcanavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:44 PM   #3

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Greetings from the Florida Panhandle

The main tank generally refers to the black tank, and the auxiliary tank is the gray. You will have to explain further as, if the gray is closed, it couldn't last for three months. Open the gray and see if it will drain.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Commercial Member

2014 23' FB International
1959 24' Tradewind
Santa Rosa , California
Send a message via Yahoo to Airslide

I think she said 3 weeks.. and even thats a long time. My three girls can fill it up in about 3 hours!

2014 Intl 23' FB
1959 Tradewind 24'
2011 Dodge Dually Crew
Airslide is offline   Reply With Quote