Old 08-16-2013, 10:29 AM   #1
2 Rivet Member

2002 30' Classic S/O
Banning , California
Thumbs up Solution for 'slinky' problems

FYI: Camping World has an internet sale for the "Sewer Solution" this week end only! $50 off regular price. check it out, opportunity is knocking.
Chip

Old 08-16-2013, 11:55 AM   #2
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I have read and read and read on this site, RV.net, and another site on this product....cant figure out if I want to do it or stick with the 3" hose and save the money....seems like this is kinda slower, but definately seems like it will be a bit easier cleanup....I dont know....even at 100 bucks seems spendy for what it is....

PharmGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:06 PM   #3
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
the thing that I think I like about it, is that you dont need to fiddle much with worring about supporting the hose, can push a bit uphill...but i worry all those plastic parts will break or something.....any experience with longevity of this equipment?

Old 08-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
Rivet Master

2014 31' Classic
2015 23' International
2013 25' FB International
Apache Junction , Arizona
The necessary accessory for this particular set of tools is a box of disposable rubber gloves.

TV - 2012 Dodge 2500 4x4 Cummins HO, automatic, Centramatics, Kelderman level ride airbag suspension, bed shell

2014 31' Classic model 30 twin beds, 50 amp service, 900 watt solar system, Centramatics, Dill TPMS, disc brakes, 16" tires & wheels
switz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:09 PM   #5

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
We have been using the Sewer Solution now for over six years. We have found it to be less expensive than the slinky. It may cost more to buy at the outset, but it lasts indefinitely. In our first couple of years of camping, we probably spent twice the price of a Sewer Solution on various slinky hoses and components. It was our experience that the slinky hoses quickly developed pin holes and have to be replaced.

Thanks for the info on the sale as I plan to buy a back-up Sewer Solution.

Brian
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 12:18 PM   #6
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
moosetags...I went and did some math on buying some various components to get a "slinky type" solution...and indeed, the margin aint as bad given the sale price...

good to know you have 6 years of experience with it with good results...I may very well buy

Probably a good idea with the sale on the 10' extension to get that too if I go that route?

Old 08-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #7
3 Rivet Member

2006 34' Classic S/O
Lakewood , New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmGeek View Post
moosetags...I went and did some math on buying some various components to get a "slinky type" solution...and indeed, the margin aint as bad given the sale price...

good to know you have 6 years of experience with it with good results...I may very well buy

Probably a good idea with the sale on the 10' extension to get that too if I go that route?
I have been using the sewer solution going on 6 years, and the construction is very good with all components holding up well. I would encourage you to get the extra hose, as it coils up nicely and fits in my trunk on the Classic Limited. The extra length has come in handy with sewer hook ups that are uphill from the black tank discharge making the slinky useless.

All in all money well spent in my opinion...

Regards,

Reganzo
Old 08-16-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
bought the device and extension hose...one more thing on my list marked off...good sale price too

Old 08-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #9
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
bought the device and extension hose...one more thing on my list marked off...good sale price too
But keep your slinky just in case, as a backup.
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:00 PM   #10
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
I have not yet bought the clear extensions piece....is that really necessary as the head for the sewer solution is clear....not as big of a window but would do the job?

I guess having a bigger window may be convenient?

Old 08-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #11
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
no doubt, I think they will be giving me some sort of slinky when I pick up the AS...

DEF need to keep a backup! Good point. And I know at some CG's there is a dump station...perhaps as those if there is a line, the slinky may be more appropriate....?

Old 08-16-2013, 02:08 PM   #12
Rivet Master

2014 30' FB FC Bunk
Hoover , Alabama
adding to my goodies ordered today...a digital tire pressure gage..and a copy of "the long long trailer" on DVD....have not seen the movie actually...should get a few laughs...

So far crap Ive bought ive kept minimal in anticipation of my trailer...only things so far are these purchases, surge protector (progressive industries 50amp portable)....and I have an amazon wish list of a bunch of necessities...

although this feels like a bit of an impulse buy...although ive been reading about it for a while and most owners seem quite happy on many forums...

Old 08-16-2013, 02:10 PM   #13
Figment of My Imagination

2012 Interstate Coach
From All Over , More Than Anywhere Else
Quote:
And I know at some CG's there is a dump station...perhaps as those if there is a line, the slinky may be more appropriate....?
No worries. However long you take is however long you take. I've been stuck in line behind big Class As and 5th wheels that took forever to finish emptying their holding tanks through a slinky, too, not the least reason being their tanks are that much larger. And once they're done, they still have to rinse out the slinky and wash themselves up (why do none of them invest in disposable surgical gloves to wear while dumping their tanks like I did…)
WBCCI #1105
TAC LA-4

My Google-Fu is strong today.
Protagonist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:29 PM   #14

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
I use a 6" clear extension with my Sewer Solution. It really helps to see what is going on and troubleshoot problems. I have kept a 10' slinky to do a quick gray water dump. I do not use it for the black tank

Brian

WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2018 Silverado 2500 (Lillian)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote