Old 10-26-2011, 01:55 PM   #71
Rivet Master
2008 27' Classic FB
Burkburnett , Texas
Yes, black 1st, gray last... If the sewer inlet is lower than the outlet on your Airstream, you could drain the gray by gravity alone but the siphon action of the water jet may shorten the drain time. I'm completely satisfied with my SS, but I also understand and accept that it takes longer to dump with the Sewer Solution than with the slinky. The SS is really useful when the sewer inlet is uphill from your trailer outlet since it would not be possible to dump in that situation with just the slinky.

AIR 47751
Air Safe Hitch, Reese Dual Cam 800#, Centramatics
Silver Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 02:19 PM   #72
Rivet Master
2003 22' International CCD
Kiln , Mississippi
Originally Posted by CallDon View Post
Since the usual procedure is to dump black first then grey, is that what you do with the SS? Do you use water pressure when dumping the grey??

The "standard" method is to dump black first then grey. It is common belief that the grey will flush out the more nasty black "stuff" from the hose and help push it down the line in the standard flex hose setup. In the SS, at least this is what I do, I leave my grey line open all the time to drain with gravity flow out the small diameter line. My grey really never should have any large materials to clog the line. I can then shot the SS jet down the line when I want to flush it. When I'm ready to dump the black I close the grey off and open the black with the water jet going. It pushes and shreads all black materials down the line. Cleanup is simple, close both black and grey valves and shoot the jet back up towards the valves and rinse, then flush that water too.

One thing to remember. Without a valve open there is no vent to the SS chamber area, rinse water will not drain properly. You have to open the grey valve to allow air to flow from the trailer tank vent. This will allow all liquids to drain through the line.

Michael & Tina with Layla and Preston BZ
The family has grown.
clancy_boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:46 AM   #73
Rivet Master
2006 23' Safari SE
Biloxi , Mississippi
Lesson Leaned: This may be already mentioned in here somewhere, but - I used my Sewer Solution for the first time this past weekend. Worked great with one exception. When I directed the water flow up into the tank it forced some rather nasty stuff up thru my shower drain. Of course I did not find it until after I was all finished, cleaned up and making one last pass thru the interior to make sure everything was ready to go. I had several cups of liquid with a bit of solids in the shower floor. Cleaned it up and after several days I still have the stink stuck in my nose. The lesson learned was to either donít direct the water up into the trailer or remember to plug securely the shower drain from the inside. The trials and tribulations of a new vintage Airstream owner continue.
WBCCI 10656 Southeastern Camping Unit
Associate European Unit
2006 Safari LS 23 ft
Formerly 1964 Bambi II

"I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell"
AWCHIEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:21 PM   #74

2003 25' Classic
Zanadude Nebula , WNY
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ROBERT CROSS View Post

Been pondering the SS for some time now, but we are "dockers" at heart and most of the stations we frequent do not have city water pressure. Seems it wouldn't perform nearly as well under those conditions. May be something to consider for home use though, that way we could avoid the Sunday evening rush at the DS.

My considering has ceased...put the dumper right next to the pad, no more lines at the CG and good water pressure to flush with, SS still on CW's shelf.

AF #1

"Sticks & stones can break your bones...and hail will dent your Airstream"

So when is this..."old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?
ROBERT CROSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:08 PM   #75
Rivet Master
1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
What is the difference between the SS and a macenary pump that attaches to the sewer for doing the same thing and they are usually cheaper.
Sarge USAF
WBCCI- none
Good Sam Life Mem
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:26 PM   #76

2015 25' FB Flying Cloud
2012 23' FB Flying Cloud
2005 25' Safari
Santa Rosa Beach , Florida
Originally Posted by SARGE/AF View Post
What is the difference between the SS and a macenary pump that attaches to the sewer for doing the same thing and they are usually cheaper.
I'm not familiar with a macenary pump.

The only alternative to the Sewer Solution that I am aware of is a macerator pump. These use an electric grinder pump as opposed to the Sewer Solution's water pressure/venturi system. The macerator pumps start around $350.

SuEllyn & Brian McCabe
WBCCI #3628 -- AIR #14872 -- TAC #FL-7
2015 FC 25' FB (Lucy) with HAHA
2005 Suburban 2500 Quadrasteer (Olivia) & 2011 Silverado 3500 (Fred) with Outfitter Truck Camper (Ethel)
moosetags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 PM   #77
Rivet Master

Southwestern , Ohio
Originally Posted by moosetags View Post
I'm not familiar with macenary pump.
I think macenarys are hired guns that work for companies like Blackwater. . .
Nuvite-F is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 05:59 AM   #78
Rivet Master
Currently Looking...
Corpus Christi , Texas
My only negative with the ss is that it is slower than the slinky. We love the way it works and the ability to flush and clean the lines is nice. But when in line at a dump station you will definitely slow other folks down, and you will be occupying the wash down hose as well. All in all, well worth the single negative.
Chuck & Skye
Rock and Roll Will Never Die!

WBCCI 3805
AIR 54011 Since July 2011
casa3805 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:08 AM   #79
Rivet Master
2004 30' Classic Slideout
College Town USA , Virginia
I just love the SS idea; however, I'm slow to jump into the frenzy. Two Airstream friends have purchased the system and I'm very interested to see how it works out for them over the long haul. I guess I just figure if it's not broken don't try and fix it as the old slinky hose works just great for me under all conditions. Time will tell so keep posting friends and thanks.
In dog years, I'm dead!
ZoominC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:45 AM   #80
Rivet Master
1996 34' Limited
1976 31' Sovereign
1983 31' Excella
Greeneville , Tennessee
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F View Post

ur thinkin of Mercernary's and yes I mispelled the other.
Sarge USAF
WBCCI- none
Good Sam Life Mem
SARGE/AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:01 AM   #81
3 Rivet Member
2007 25' International CCD
1964 19' Globetrotter
2012 Interstate Coach
vero beach , Florida
Originally Posted by Nuvite-F

Made me laugh.
Tnx: Dennis
Dennis & Ellen

07, 25' Ocean Breeze
64, 19' Globetrotter

Air #7609
denellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:09 AM   #82
Rivet Master
2002 25' Safari
Fountain Inn , South Carolina
I have had a sewer solution for five years. I bought it so that I could pump out the AS tanks at home. I have a 1/2 bath in my garage. I pump the tanks to the toilet in the half bath in the garage when needed (long lines at dump station or tank maintenance). I don't see the ss as a good alternative to normal dumping with a stinky slinky at a campground. It is slow and uses too much water for the process.
Ridgerunner3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 12:26 PM   #83
2 Rivet Member
2015 23' International
Lake Forest Park , Washington
Thumbs up Another SS Testimonial

We have used the SS for about a year. We have a 2007 19' Bambi. It has worked very well, and I would highly recommend it.

We carry a slinky and use it when a threaded hose connection is not available (usually at state or national park campgrounds). We have a "water theif" but have not used that yet. I would also use the slinky if there were water conservation issues; the SS does use more water.

After the tanks are empty, I routinely rinse them out with the SS (by rotating the nozzle to direct the water jet up into the drain). Our black tank has a flush feature, but the gray tank does not. Flushing the gray tank usually clears out dark debris that accumulates (or grows?) there. This is a great feature.

We use a 45 degree clear elbow, which makes attachment and removal easier. The only complaint is that the plastic quick-release on the check valve (where water supply hose attaches) has become difficult to connect and disconnect. I plan to replace with a brass unit soon.

We have a second 10' hose, but used only once (when I parked 2" too far from drain and was too lazy to move!).
aircampr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:24 PM   #84
2 Rivet Member
1994 30' Excella
1955 22' Flying Cloud
2000 31' Land Yacht
Lafayette , Louisiana
I bought a ss from cw a couple weeks ago. I then ordered what I thought was the correct addapter to use it on my 1994 30' Excella. Back to the drawing board. The addapter is to small to go on my AS sewer outlet. Originally ss told me that cw sold the addaptor and even gave me a cw catalog #7131 that is supposed to be Valterra TO5-2285VP. The cw parts guy looked at me like I had two heads. Any suggestions?

jrkeef is offline   Reply With Quote